CJohn

Frozen OS thread

frozen tue box office # in SK80,094 daily attendanceTot:9.11m attendanceWhich translates to around 68.5m USD10M attendance is looking good, not so sure for 11M attendance.

It just needs drops in the mid-30s % to get there, which has always been the lowend for Frozen. Or late legs in South Korea are that bad?

Only dropped 30% yesterday and today. 11m shouldnt be a problem unless it drops off hard like Miracle in Cell #7. Just watched it, very good movie. My favorite SK movie is Cast Away on the Moon. I never cried over a bowl of noodles before.;) You will too! Edited by mfantin65

I haven't figured out how to post pictures here so I'll just type this. 

Attorney/Frozen

1m- day3/day4

2m- day5/day9

3m- day7/day11

4m- day10/day15

5m- day12/day17

6m- day14/day18

7m- day17/day24

8m- day19/day27

9m- day25/day33

10m- day31/?

11m- day45/?

It's a comparison of admission numbers of frozen and the most recent 11m admission film in SK called the attorney. It finished its run at around 11.35m admissions. 

Unlike frozen it benefited from not having any major competition for the majority of its run. Anyway it took around a week less to get to where frozen is at right now before dropping pretty steeply so frozen would have to show some crazy holds to match it. How it fares against films released tomorrow (2/20) will be key I think. 

• Like 2

I haven't figured out how to post pictures here so I'll just type this. Attorney/Frozen1m- day3/day42m- day5/day93m- day7/day114m- day10/day155m- day12/day176m- day14/day187m- day17/day248m- day19/day279m- day25/day3310m- day31/day4411m- day45/day60 It's a comparison of admission numbers of frozen and the most recent 11m admission film in SK called the attorney. It finished its run at around 11.35m admissions. Unlike frozen it benefited from not having any major competition for the majority of its run. Anyway it took around a week less to get to where frozen is at right now before dropping pretty steeply so frozen would have to show some crazy holds to match it. How it fares against films released tomorrow (2/20) will be key I think.

There you go.

From HenryBCN

Walt Disney Animation Studios in Brazil

Frozen 4122284 admissions $21.2 M

Tangled 3746330 $24.3 M

Wreck it Ralph 3653363 $21.4 M

Bolt 1072543 $4.6 M

The Princess and the Frog 933705 $4.1 M

Meet the Robinsons 718882 $3.4 M

Winnie The Pooh 75052 $0.1 M

• Like 2

From HenryBCN

Walt Disney Animation Studios in Brazil

Frozen 4122284 admissions $21.2 M

Tangled 3746330 $24.3 M

Wreck it Ralph 3653363 $21.4 M

Bolt 1072543 $4.6 M

The Princess and the Frog 933705 $4.1 M

Meet the Robinsons 718882 $3.4 M

Winnie The Pooh 75052 $0.1 M

I'm surprised that frozen didn't do all that much better than tangled or WiR admission wise in brazil

I'm surprised that frozen didn't do all that much better than tangled or WiR admission wise in brazil

The Brazilian economy is slow since 2012 so you can't expect a huge leap, and as they said before it's summer in Brazil so Frozen is a bit out of sync.

• Like 2

Frozen SK box office (Wed)

daily admission: 72,113

tot admission: 9.18m

tot gross: $69.11m

live presale percentages

frozen:18.3%

pompay:15.4%

granny:13.9%

jjirashi:11.8%

Presales are down by quite a bit. Frozen still slightly edging it but box office domination may be over 

Edited by Rsyu

Friend from Japan got back to me. His friend says that marketing has definitely started, as they're seeing trailers, posters, and ads for the movie. However, the ads appear to focus on Olaf and make Frozen seem distinctly not for adults. He notes that it will probably go through the same phases as it did in the States, where it was non-existent to many until good word-of-mouth got around. Hopefully those who keep up with foreign films and Disney worldwide already know of it and have given it a head start.

• Like 4

Friend from Japan got back to me. His friend says that marketing has definitely started, as they're seeing trailers, posters, and ads for the movie. However, the ads appear to focus on Olaf and make Frozen seem distinctly not for adults. He notes that it will probably go through the same phases as it did in the States, where it was non-existent to many until good word-of-mouth got around. Hopefully those who keep up with foreign films and Disney worldwide already know of it and have given it a head start.

Huh. I was reading through the beginnings of the Frozen thread in the main/domestic discussion forum, and that was full of "wow, this Japanese trailer is much better and less kiddie than the US trailers".

• Like 1

Huh. I was reading through the beginnings of the Frozen thread in the main/domestic discussion forum, and that was full of "wow, this Japanese trailer is much better and less kiddie than the US trailers".

I remember that trailer. I also remember finally seeing the US teaser trailer and hating it so much that I just posted the Japanese trailer to my Facebook wall so that my friends wouldn't write it off after seeing the teaser. Odd that the ads are now focusing on Olaf and specifically targeting only the younger age group.

I should mention that my friend and his friend are school teachers. They haven't heard any buzz about the movie going around the kids, but will let me know if that changes leading up to the film's release.

From HenryBCN Walt Disney Animation Studios in Brazil Frozen 4122284 admissions $21.2 MTangled 3746330 $24.3 MWreck it Ralph 3653363 $21.4 MBolt 1072543 $4.6 MThe Princess and the Frog 933705 $4.1 MMeet the Robinsons 718882 $3.4 MWinnie The Pooh 75052 $0.1 M

Oh wow I never knew that the Pre-Tangled (and Pooh) grosses were that tragic.

The Brazilian economy is slow since 2012 so you can't expect a huge leap, and as they said before it's summer in Brazil so Frozen is a bit out of sync.

I don't buy the idea that a film would do worse just because it's mostly set in winter and released in summer. A strong movie is a strong movie. It hasn't underperformed in Brazil or South America at all, just by the time they were released there expectations were (unfairly) higher.