CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Do you have any presale numbers olive??

Just list one of the biggest movie distributors in Japan : TOHO

No presales, but the total seats and show times may be a good sign. (# Some theaters are not included in this information )

Doramon :  41103 seats,  156 showtimes      

Frozen   : 92154 seats,  278 show times

FYI.

I read the article in Japan's very famous site 2ch, which says

672(***)scr 03/14 「アナと雪の女王」ウォルト・ディズニー・ピクチャーズ

http://kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/animovie/1394603656/

I don't know why the difference of two numbers is so huge.

583 may be theatre count, some theatres provide more than 1 screen.

In South Korea you are very ambitious about English learning and conquest of foreign markets,this is why there are many of you here.

It's much more simple than than. Basically I joined just before Avengers was released and then the masses followed suit when they realised I was here :D(that's what I like to think anyway)IN seriousness though I am not sure how many of the korea members are Korean and how many are foreigners living over here. (I am not Korean for example)

I'm ready to make a wager. If Frozen will make 200m in japan, i will braid my hair in Elsa's style and post it for everybody to laugh at. I'm a guy with a long hair.

Tell us the truth....

You've already braided your hair and are just looking for an excuse to post it.  :ph34r:

• Like 7

It's much more simple than than. Basically I joined just before Avengers was released and then the masses followed suit when they realised I was here :D(that's what I like to think anyway)IN seriousness though I am not sure how many of the korea members are Korean and how many are foreigners living over here. (I am not Korean for example)

I'm 100% Korean :)

I'm ready to make a wager. If Frozen will make 200m in japan, i will braid my hair in Elsa's style and post it for everybody to laugh at. I'm a guy with a long hair.

I wish more people made this kind of "insane" wager at the beginning of frozen's DOM and OS run. We could have seen some amazing sights! :D
  • Like 1

I checked Toho Cinema's site to see how Frozen is doing. In Toho Shibuya, all of the shows for Frozen today (Friday) are sold out! And there are shows for tomorrow that are already close to sold out. In other Toho theaters, many of the shows for today are either sold out or 80-90% full. The responses on twitter are overwhelmingly positive (of course they are, it's Frozen), most of them are saying they want to see it again. And apparently, judging from those tweets, the hype was pretty big before it opened. So far so good. :D

• Like 8

let's hope for 10m 3-day :)

In that case, according to Olive's extrapolation, you are hoping for a 7M opening weekend. So your hopes are for an OW which is just 15% above my (apparently) conservative, pessimistic prediction. :P

In that case, according to Olive's extrapolation, you are hoping for a 7M opening weekend. So your hopes are for an OW which is just 15% above my (apparently) conservative, pessimistic prediction. :P

10M is likely.

DOS mad 396M yen during 3 days.