Moviedweeb

Special effects driven films that still hold up

It was practical effects, not CGI.

I just watched the behind the scenes and it is a CGI helicopter that approaches and crashes into the wires, but what makes it very effective is that they cut to a real helicopter once it hits the ground (not my thought although I agree; it's all on the bluray). The bat-pod ejecting from the tumbler is a complete CG shot as well. This is CGI meant to look as real as possible nd they nailed it.

I agree. For me, the best CGI is where you don't even know you're looking at an effect. Like Lt. Dan's legs in Forrest Gump.

Actually Dan's legs is not CGI (computer-generated imagery). It was just digitally removed.

I just watched the behind the scenes and it is a CGI helicopter that approaches and crashes into the wires, but what makes it very effective is that they cut to a real helicopter once it hits the ground (not my thought although I agree; it's all on the bluray). The bat-pod ejecting from the tumbler is a complete CG shot as well. This is CGI meant to look as real as possible nd they nailed it.

Hmmm I have to check the behind scenes again. But yes that batpod ejecting is CGI.CGI in TDK benefitted from one thing which is that most of the CGI shots were at night.

Jurassic Park looks pretty great after 20 years

I think blu-ray has really made some old films look dated, and JP, IMO, is one of them. Dinos looked pretty dated. But those in JP3 actually looked really good on today's standard.