Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

On Jan 1st, who would have guessed The Hunger Games, The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman and John Carter to an extent would have been more exciting and talked about runs than The Dark Knight Rises on these forums?

I still think this is more exciting than TASM and John Carter to a degree...

I can say whatever happened in Canada tonight was not likley reflective of what happened across America?If that is so, weekend tracking is out the window this whole weekend.

I agree. I can only find a handful of theatres with any sellouts today....I think it's doing better in America though, especially the larger cities.

I live in Colorado and work at a Theater in Denver Colorado. It was Modly decent but we still had people returning tickets even though they added extra Security at our place.

Edited by SuperBatman

On Jan 1st, who would have guessed The Hunger Games, The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman and John Carter to an extent would have been more exciting and talked about runs than The Dark Knight Rises on these forums?

BKB :P

I still think this is more exciting than TASM and John Carter to a degree...

Maybe not exciting. Poor choice of words on my part. Their box office openings were more talked about and caused more excitement/meltdowns/flamewars than this. I'm specifically referring to ASM :lol:

I live in Colorado and work at a Theater in Denver Colorado. It was Modly decent but we still had people returning tickets even though they added extra Security at our place.

That must've sucked to be working today.

Maybe, we will see. He also said WB might block people from seeing the numbers until actuals.

I doubt they will, or they might try, but Nikki will screech them into submission. :P Edited by riczhang

Maybe, we will see. He also said WB might block people from seeing the numbers until actuals.

If the numbers are blocked... is that a terrible sign? Like, is WB going to block out the numbers no matter how bad or record-breaking they are? Or are they only going to block them if they are meh?

Maybe not exciting. Poor choice of words on my part. Their box office openings were more talked about and caused more excitement/meltdowns/flamewars than this. I'm specifically referring to ASM :lol:

The first 60 pages of the TASM thread were the most fun here all year and the first 60 pages of this thread were the worst.