Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Just saw it. Really liked it, not sure if I loved it. I want to see it again before deciding on a final rating. There a few pacing issues but honestly the 3 hours flew by.EDIT: I will say it's going to have great WOM judging by my crowd

Edited by Sims

Nothing even comes close to TDK's Sunday drop.

TDK's Sunday is probably one of the top 5 most epic single-day grosses of all time. Right up there with TA's/SM1's first Saturday (still don't know which ones more impressive; TA wins in admissions but SM1 had so few screens) and HP8's OD.

I think AVATAR's 3.1% first Sunday drop is up there as well.

Avatar doesn't count...EVER.There is frankly no comparison. In today's box office, that type of performance was Titanic-esque and supposed to be impossible. Just a ridiculous run. It's unfair to compare that performance to anything today.
  • Like 1

Not as crowded as TA or TDK though, I assume?

Not nearly as much as TDK which I saw on its first Saturday. It was about on par with or a little above TA's second Saturday (42.9M), which was when I saw it. Edited by Sims

If that happens how much of a historical BO day would this be remembered as?

Well, it would still be a lower Sunday than many were expecting before, but it would definitely renew some optimism about the rest of TDKR's run.