Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Guy at work just said he wants to see TDKR but he'll be waiting a couple weeks due to the shooting.... just saying.As much of a disaster as this is, I think we could be seeing some exceptional holds in the coming weeks.

Agreed. This will be a run completely unique from any other blockbuster. And it's pattern will never be applicable as an example or barometer for future films.

The last few season havent been released in finland yet. Damn distributors!But yeah, as far as I know SP is consistently hilarious ( i have seen only few bad episodes)

The past two seasons have been the weakest by far, imo, although last season (S15) still had quite a few good to great episodes. This season the best any of the eps have been so far are mediocre and I've seen some downright bad ones for the show. Like I said very disappointing for SP. I have faith Matt and Trey can turn it around though. I loved season 14. Edited by MovieMan89

Right - so why have that in there at all? it was a waste of time. Use those extra minutes to cover some of the other gaping plot holes.

Good point, all I can think of really is perhaps to explain why their resistance is limited to only the remaining cops in the city rather than other able bodied citizens.

I agree. In fact, most movies have plot holes.However, we can forgive plot holes and stay in the world of the movie as long as the continuity is so bad that it breaks that wall. As Baumer wrote, we stay in the "movie zone". Once we start questioning too many things, we lose that zone, we can no longer suspend beliefs and the movie loses its enjoyment.This happened for me with TDKR, but not with TDK or BB or "Avengers". That's the difference. There were weaknesses in all of those films, but not enough to deter from the enjoyment of the movies. In contrast, TDKR had so many issues that it just detracted from the movie considerably.While it's easy to dismiss those of us who feel this way as saying we are too nitpicky, the fact is, a lot of us have these issues. This is why I don't think the WOM will be as good with TDKR as it was with TDK.

I don't really disagree with you, I understand that people's mileage will vary in this regard and that some will not enjoy it as much as a result of some of the flaws, but I feel like some conveniently ignored some of the issues in TDK and BB (not you, say /Film). I consider TDKR to be generally the weakest made film that Nolan has ever done, particularly do its overly ambitious story, but in the end, after the 2nd viewing, I found the emotional moments resonated strongly enough to at least put it on par or near Batman Begins, whereas I didn't feel that way walking out of the theater on Friday. Edited by MrPink

I felt like a Judas going to see Ted since I know as a die hard South Park fan I'm supposed to hate anything Seth McFarlane related. :P

If you don't like Family Guy, I can't see you liking Ted.

It wasn't awful. Some genuine lol moments. The plot was almost too generic and cliche to handle though. And there was definitely a bit too much of that Family Guy humor for me.

Seems to be the general reaction. People that don't like Family Guy think the movie is okay, it has some funny moments but nothing more. People that like Family Guy, like me, think it is the best comedy of the year :P

I'm not a big fan of Family Guy, but I thought Ted was pretty fun. Perhaps I have a soft spot for talking Teddy Bears or something

Also, I felt like the only one laughing at the Flash Gordon jokes. Got me every single time

I'm not a big fan of Family Guy, but I thought Ted was pretty fun. Perhaps I have a soft spot for talking Teddy Bears or something

Also, I felt like the only one laughing at the Flash Gordon jokes. Got me every single time

Some jokes were brilliant. And I also laughed at most of those jokes :lol: