Hiccup

Cinemaphobia?

I haven't read the article but please tell me that people are not afraid of going to the movies now. Because of 1 incident in 100 years of moviegoing? Come on people. Sack up and get some thicker skin. This is not the way to handle this. To me this is just another excuse for the media to blow things out of proportion and make people afraid for bullshit reasons. They did it after 9/11 and they are doing it now. They want you to be afraid of everything so you give up your rights.I'm sorry but if you have (just read the article now) been going to the movies all your life and one incident like this gives you a phobia then I feel sorry for you. What a sad way to go through life.

• Like 2

I haven't read the article but please tell me that people are not afraid of going to the movies now. Because of 1 incident in 100 years of moviegoing? Come on people. Sack up and get some thicker skin. This is not the way to handle this.

You know some folks won't go along with you on that one. Everyone has a different personality, so some will be more afraid than others.

You know some folks won't go along with you on that one. Everyone has a different personality, so some will be more afraid than others.

Then some people are weak. This is an isolated incident and it has never happened before. I get it if they were at the movie theater where it happened and they made it out alive and had reservations about going bck to the movies, but these people are using this incident as a crutch and they are buying into this media malestrom. It sickens me.

I understand why people are afraid. They are afraid of being shot. But you do have a better chance of dying in a car crash by going to theater. It will take time for people go back to theaters.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I haven't read the article but please tell me that people are not afraid of going to the movies now. Because of 1 incident in 100 years of moviegoing? Come on people. Sack up and get some thicker skin. This is not the way to handle this. To me this is just another excuse for the media to blow things out of proportion and make people afraid for bullshit reasons. They did it after 9/11 and they are doing it now. They want you to be afraid of everything so you give up your rights.I'm sorry but if you have (just read the article now) been going to the movies all your life and one incident like this gives you a phobia then I feel sorry for you. What a sad way to go through life.

I agree this shooting shouldn't be a reason for people to be afraid, but 9/11 was on a whole other level and I think comparing this to that is like comparing an ant to an elephant and there was a very real possibility of another terrorist attack after 9/11 whereas this piece of shit loner was an isolated incident.

I agree this shooting shouldn't be a reason for people to be afraid, but 9/11 was on a whole other level and I think comparing this to that is like comparing an ant to an elephant and there was a very real possibility of another terrorist attack after 9/11 whereas this piece of shit loner was an isolated incident.

Yes, agreed. He was a loner and he did something that had never been done before. So why get scared of this? I just think people should be more vigilant and know that this was a one off situation.

I think what makes this problematic for some people is that going to the movie theater is a luxury, not a necessity. Some will feel it's not worth the risk when they can just wait to rent the movies currently in theaters.

That maybe so, but I just don't like to think that people are going to let one fucking retard change their way of life.

There's a really cool speech by Denzel in The Seige:London, Paris, Athens, Rome, Belfast, Beirut, we're not the first city to have to deal with terrorism. In Tel Aviv, the day after they bombed the market in Tel Aviv, the market was open and it was full. This is New York city, we can take it. In other words, don't let them change your way of life.

That maybe so, but I just don't like to think that people are going to let one fucking retard change their way of life.

I don't like it either, but you know as well as anyone that people are easily manipulated by the media. Sensationalist fear mongering from the media is driving some of the hesitancy from people right now IMHO.

I don't like it either, but you know as well as anyone that people are easily manipulated by the media. Sensationalist fear mongering from the media is driving some of the hesitancy from people right now IMHO.

Yes, we agree on that 100%. Are we going to have the TSA at movie theaters now?