Neo

Comic Thread

I have been reading Thor for awhile now and now will be looking at The Avengers. The first will be the Korvac Saga, looking forward to that one. Also would like to pick the Infinity Gauntlet and all its spinoffs.

I have been reading Thor for awhile now and now will be looking at The Avengers. The first will be the Korvac Saga, looking forward to that one. Also would like to pick the Infinity Gauntlet and all its spinoffs.

I always enjoy reading the Infinity Gauntlet series, I think an Infinity Gauntlet movie would kick ass both on screen and at the box office. I mean the Gauntlet comics had almost every major Marvel character teaming up to take on Thanos including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Thor, Dr. Doom, Sub-Mariner, and the Fantastic Four. Though the real meat of the series was Thanos taking on the cosmic beings which I think would look awesome on screen if done right.

I actually picked up the most recent issue of Amazing Spider-Man. Haven't read it yet. But nothing in the Marvel universe really interests me except for Jonathan Hickman's run on FF or Fantastic Four. I've mostly been reading a lot of the new 52 from DC and by month 3 I've mostly paired it down to the traditional heroes in the JLA. I'm reading JLA, Action Comics, Batman, Flash and Aquaman. One book I liked but I think I'll wait for the trade is Demon Knights, a lot of fun.

I always enjoy reading the Infinity Gauntlet series, I think an Infinity Gauntlet movie would kick ass both on screen and at the box office. I mean the Gauntlet comics had almost every major Marvel character teaming up to take on Thanos including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Thor, Dr. Doom, Sub-Mariner, and the Fantastic Four. Though the real meat of the series was Thanos taking on the cosmic beings which I think would look awesome on screen if done right.

I just ordered some other comics, but not that on top of my list.Getting Spider-Man X-Men characters would be hard considering they are owned by FOX/SONY. Getting F4 might not be so hard, DIS/MARVEL might already have these rights. Would include Surfer, Doom and they have the Sub-Mariner so it can be done.

Anyone who has read World Eaters can you explain to me why was so it easy to bring Odin back. First off in the battle with Surtur (at least the Simonson version) I thought he was vanished from reality into a limbo reality. So how could he be in the casket which Thor destroyed. If it was this easy to bring Odin back why didn't the Asgardians so this sooner. Also it was never talked about Balder's reign w.out Odin, what happened to Odin or what Thor was doing during his absence.

Do you read paper or downloades?

I just ordered some other comics, but not that on top of my list.Getting Spider-Man X-Men characters would be hard considering they are owned by FOX/SONY. Getting F4 might not be so hard, DIS/MARVEL might already have these rights. Would include Surfer, Doom and they have the Sub-Mariner so it can be done.

Disregard post above..Have you ever read thru downloades..I just downloaded the Marvel app.. I fantastic.

Just got done reading the Rebirth of Thanos. It was a good read, not the best one (I've read so far). Thanos is a good at trickery, I would have wanted Drax to play a bigger role in hunting down Thanos. He was hard to control, but Surfer could have used the help.

I've heard of the "alternate universe" series in the Avengers comics that is based in the MCU. I know "Fury's Big Day" or "Week" is a title or subtitle. Can anyone give me the order of these comics? I'd like to get these issues and immerse myself in this universe before the Blu-ray hits.

I found the Avengers Prelude: Fury's Big Week series online and read it. Pretty light and fluffy (kinda like the "movie novelization" of the comic book realm.) But it was really neat to see them covertly ret-con the earlier films. BTTF2-like stuff with Black Widow being in disguise on the Culver University grounds when Hulk takes on the pre-Abomination Blonsky. Not much substance, but neat as a common-thread thing.

I'm not crazy about downloads for comics, I'd rather have the actual comic in my hand.

I love having the physical comic, but I've completely Frankensteined my laptop (AND annoyed my wife) with a second monitor connected and rotated into a portrait position. I'll full screen my comic reader, rotate the display option by 270 degrees and lie in bed every night to read at least 2 or 3 issues. It can be hard to find older issues, but I've found the ones I've been looking for. (Just found the entire run of "Groo the Wanderer" that I used to love and pray for a movie about!) Another great thing about them is I have them on an external HD and bring it in to work with me. I'm in my area alone, and can read. If I hear someone approaching, a simple click and I'm clean. :ph34r:

I'm enjoying Punisher and Black Widow by Edmondson. His Deathlok just started but seems just as promising.

I'm also finding Legendary Star Lord to be fun as he and Kitty carry on the ultimate long distance "Facetime" relationship ever in the sub plot.

Guardians 3000 is coming into it's own as well and it's good to see the crew I fell in love with back.

• Like 1

Since I ignore the new 52 bs.. Going back to catching up with sagas I didnt collect like Batman vs the predator, Superman and New Krypton (Cant believe they messed with the nearly 30 yr marriage in the comics , that was so epic it tied in with Lois and Clark at the same time!!

These DC cats need to be fired fast.   Also proably going to get the paperback of classic Spiderman stories

like Maximum Carnage :)

I'm enjoying Punisher and Black Widow by Edmondson. His Deathlok just started but seems just as promising.

I'm also finding Legendary Star Lord to be fun as he and Kitty carry on the ultimate long distance "Facetime" relationship ever in the sub plot.

Guardians 3000 is coming into it's own as well and it's good to see the crew I fell in love with back.

I hope your not supporting the reboot of SM though good buddy, I mean they made Spidey make a pact with the devil and erase the love of his life and all sorts of BS. Once a marriage is established for decades and great stories , they should just make other stories

of Spiderman, leave the MJ and Peter Parker marriage and adventures and tribulations alone and let them flourish and develop

in there own universe