The Truman Show  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The Truman Show

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Liked this one. Maybe Carrey's best performance. The concept was highly intriguing and the satire was real. I just thought that it could have been a bit darker or something, and some parts of his fake life seemed non-believable to me. But all in all it was quite a good film. 

8-8.5/10

This is absolutely phenomenal on every level.

First of all, I can't quite dismiss how beautiful this movie looks. I found the cinematography simply amazing. It's a very funny movie, a light-hearted one until you realise how deep it's message is. Watching after 20 full years the film is more well-timed than ever. It's just that in the Internet era, we are getting into the studio with our own permission. 

Carrey is stunning as the lead. The score is perfect.

A+

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

The Truman Show remains the peak of cinema. Everything in this movie is done to its smartest possibility. The camerawork is insane, Weir’s direction is pitch perfect, Carrey’s and Harris’s performances are all time greats. The story gets even better when you familiarize yourself with media; watching it now helps me realize how much television and films it’s re-contextualizing within its narrative. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it excels at everything it puts it mind to. The Truman Show is remarkable in how absolutely perfect it is, proving to be the absolute crowning achievement of mainstream cinema, and for me, the absolute best film ever made. A+

• Like 1

While I love the film and I think the movie is great but I can't agree with the direction where they choose to reveal Truman "real world". I feel like it is better for audience go in without knowing what actually happened and we can slowly learn just like Truman, instead of being an audience just like audience in front of TV.

But anyway, this is a great homage to extinct TV culture