filmnerdjamie

Tuesday Numbers (8/14/12)

Comingsoon.net's weekend predictionThis Week's Predictions -1. The Expendables 2 (Lionsgate) - $32.8 million N/A2. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) - $18.3 million -53%3. ParaNorman (Focus Features) - $15.3 million N/A4. The Campaign (Warner Bros.) - $14.1 million -47%5. Sparkle (Sony/TriStar Pictures) - $13.4 million N/A6. The Dark Knight Rises (Warner Bros.) - $11.6 million7. The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Disney) - $10.3 million8. Hope Springs (Sony) - $9.5 million -35%9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (20th Century Fox) - $4.7 million -43%10. Ice Age: Continental Drift (20th Century Fox) - $4.3 million -36%

I'll take that hold for BL considering it's WOM. My worst case is that it's gonna tank by 60%.EX2 is low. Wow only 39% drop for TDKR. Pretty impressive if the predictions hold true but I would think that it'll lose more theatres. TR well yeah it's gonna be out for sure. It's gonna lose a third if not more of its theaters..

Other than Whitney Houston's death, is there something special to Sparkle that I'm missing here? Don't mean to sound insensitive here.Did MTC and RS ever mention tracking for that?

Nope. Nothing special at all. Not even special enough for critic reviews.

Terrible non-existent marketing is also a good enough reason for it to open 10m or less...

This movie is targeting urban audience. Unless you watch Urban media, I don't think you can judge how good the marketing is. I think there is a good chance that this will do 20 million. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.