filmnerdjamie

Tuesday Numbers (8/14/12)

I hope today's drops aren't massive. Some of these increases for Tuesday are astounding.

I am thinking Sunday and Monday were anomalies and we will see relatively normal Wed drops. For example, TDKR should recover back to its normal 42-44% week to week drops and TASM should get back below 50% week to week. If I'm right, TBL should really show where it's heading with its Wed-Fri performance.

Calm down, doctor. Now is not that time for fear. That comes later! :P

Bane is nearly at the ROTJ Emperor Palpatine level of quotable lines. Both brilliant and hilarious at the same time. Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 2

I just took a look at mojo and had a couple of random thoughts.1. Magic Mike went from 1202 theaters last week to 450 this week. Devastating. :o2. The Hunger Games is still charting after 145 days in theaters. :)3. Where in the hell is Mirror Mirror still showing? :unsure:4. Prometheus still has not passed Super 8. I know there was a thread somewhere about it.

Speaking of which...Do you feel in charge, Gramps? :P

Some tibits.

And now, young Skywalker... you will die.

Come, boy, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant rebellion.

The alliance... will die. As will your friends.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Replace some words with Bruce, Gotham, League of Shadows... whatever, and it would still sound like something Bane said in the film :D

I just noticed that the big 3 SH films this year all had villains with English accents.

Loki, Lizard and Bane. Couple that with Batman and Spider-Man being played by Brits and it's another British Invasion.

It's the Beetles all over again.

Posted Image

Evil Beetles?

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

I just noticed that the big 3 SH films this year all had villains with English accents.

Loki, Lizard and Bane. Couple that with Batman and Spider-Man being played by Brits and it's another British Invasion.

It's the Beetles all over again.

Posted Image

Evil Beetles?

When you learn how to spell Beatles, then you have my permission to type. :P
  • Like 2

They are teasing you for being "old", but apparently you aren't old enough. It's The BeAtles. :)

Yeah, yeah, I'm not that old. But I did watch The Yellow Submarine in theaters...

...but a midnight movie of course...yes, I'm old enough to remember when midnight movies were still a cult type thing. ;)

Comingsoon.net's weekend predictionThis Week's Predictions -1. The Expendables 2 (Lionsgate) - $32.8 million N/A2. The Bourne Legacy (Universal) - $18.3 million -53%3. ParaNorman (Focus Features) - $15.3 million N/A4. The Campaign (Warner Bros.) - $14.1 million -47%5. Sparkle (Sony/TriStar Pictures) - $13.4 million N/A6. The Dark Knight Rises (Warner Bros.) - $11.6 million7. The Odd Life of Timothy Green (Disney) - $10.3 million8. Hope Springs (Sony) - $9.5 million -35%9. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (20th Century Fox) - $4.7 million -43%10. Ice Age: Continental Drift (20th Century Fox) - $4.3 million -36%

Other than Whitney Houston's death, is there something special to Sparkle that I'm missing here? Don't mean to sound insensitive here.

I think that is good enough reason to boost it over 20 million OW. Edited by TLK