baumer

Halloween 5

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Surprisingly the best performance from this movie is Danielle Harris. Not surprising because it is her but because she doesn't speak for about 75% of the movie. Shows she is a good actress.

overall, it is an ok movie. Michael chasing Jamie in the house was kind of cool and with the whole coffin scene. I really don't like the Druid storyline though and I hated that the movie ended the way it did.

B-

I'm not a big fan of this one but it's not terrible. I kind of feel strange watching it now knowing how much of a hottie Harris has turned into. Whenever I watch, IV, V or Zombie's films, I feel strange watching Harris get naked and then see her as a kid. Weird.Still, it's a Halloween movie, so it's not terrible.5.5/10

Surprisingly the best performance from this movie is Danielle Harris. Not surprising because it is her but because she doesn't speak for about 75% of the movie. Shows she is a good actress.

overall, it is an ok movie. Michael chasing Jamie in the house was kind of cool and with the whole coffin scene. I really don't like the Druid storyline though and I hated that the movie ended the way it did.

B-

Pretty much this. Her acting was actually really solid for someone her age. The fact that it was in a Halloween movie probably demeans it according to movie critics, I assume. It delivered on scares, but the story was weak with the Celtic stuff and the connection with Myers and Danielle Harris' character. It faultered in that regard, but still had some good moments. Middle tiered Halloween film for me, but I'll take it as a guilty pleasure since it's Halloween.

As for baumer's comment on Harris.. so so true.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of this one but it's not terrible. I kind of feel strange watching it now knowing how much of a hottie Harris has turned into. Whenever I watch, IV, V or Zombie's films, I feel strange watching Harris get naked and then see her as a kid. Weird.

I kind of know what you mean. I have met her on a few occasions. She has always been nice and funny whenever I have talked to her.

I kind of know what you mean. I have met her on a few occasions. She has always been nice and funny whenever I have talked to her.

I kind of have a crush on her. She is quite beautiful. Okay 75, what do you do? How do you get to go to all these screenings and meet these actors?

I kind of have a crush on her. She is quite beautiful. Okay 75, what do you do? How do you get to go to all these screenings and meet these actors?

Oh I can understand the crush thing ;)As for the meeting her and others, mostly, but not all the time, it is just at conventions and stuff like that. I get a lot of those things near me. The last time I met her I happened to have on a Shark Night 3D tshirt on. It was before the movie opened so we had a conversation about that. Basically she asked if I saw it yet and told me she read the script and warned me it would suck. I joked back saying "it's just a t-shirt", she and her handlers laughed. She was nice enough to let me get a picture with her too. She is pretty tiny :P
  • Like 1

I think this is actually a pretty good entry,  Harris does knock this one out of the park.  I didn't like the film all that much at first but seeing it again on BR, my admiration for it is greater.  The last 30 minutes is really quite terrifying and Pleasance never looks like he is mailing it in, he's always intense and this is no exception.

7/10

• Like 2

A similar film to Part IV, though not as good. However, it's not as bad as advertised either.

The movie has a goofy vibe along with a at times wonky score, which I kind of dug actually. It gave off sweet so-bad-it's-good vibes. The highlight of the movie, as in the previous one, is the final house chase, which is pretty intense.

Danielle Harris makes for a great "final girl", you care about her and want her to make it. However, the rest of the new characters are quite annoying and unlikable.

All in all, this is a C- to me.

PS: Wtf was up with the tall dude in all black? Looked like something straight out of The X-Files.