48 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's now the number one selling movie on Amazon by a wide margin. Yay! Hopefully long term sales remain brisk. At the very least, this film deserves cult classic status.

That's great news. I get the feeling that word of mouth on this has finally had a chance to spread around from the relatively small number of initial viewers.

i've only read page 1 so far, give the film a B for one reason you don't see dredd face ever! i watched the movie today because i heard karl urban was in it, and if i hadnt watch star trek like 3 times this past weekend i'd have no idea it was his chin 

now that said apart from that the film was good, lena heady aka queen cersei was crayzayyyy, interesting drug if your house is on fire you'd probably die of burns before being able to do anything about it lolll

i love them shutting down a building of that size , and when she said call 911 totally badass i was not expecting the cavalry to be corrupted judges

did not like the rookie

now all that said i think i had more fun watching stallone's judge dredd, i like it and watch it whenever its on tv, dredd has a backstory , however corny the cloning thing was ,it was a futuristic theme, and sure maybe the film is cheesy but it worked for me! plus his sidekick held her own better

this kind of makes me think about the new spiderman film , they started it out as something more then 30mn in they drop that and it turns into a generic spiderman episode

same thing here the film is named dredd but its not about him , they could have called it "the taking of pine trees block", the psychic girl looks like she'll reveal something about him but no then its just another day in the deep end!

all things considered very good film if you don't go in expecting to know more about dredd than its the name on his tag, oh and that he's worth a million credit to take down by corrupt judges

if they make a sequel hope they fixed these little details if they want the masses to like it more

• Like 1

i've only read page 1 so far, give the film a B for one reason you don't see dredd face ever! i watched the movie today because i heard karl urban was in it, and if i hadnt watch star trek like 3 times this past weekend i'd have no idea it was his chin 

now that said apart from that the film was good, lena heady aka queen cersei was crayzayyyy, interesting drug if your house is on fire you'd probably die of burns before being able to do anything about it lolll

i love them shutting down a building of that size , and when she said call 911 totally badass i was not expecting the cavalry to be corrupted judges

did not like the rookie

now all that said i think i had more fun watching stallone's judge dredd, i like it and watch it whenever its on tv, dredd has a backstory , however corny the cloning thing was ,it was a futuristic theme, and sure maybe the film is cheesy but it worked for me! plus his sidekick held her own better

this kind of makes me think about the new spiderman film , they started it out as something more then 30mn in they drop that and it turns into a generic spiderman episode

same thing here the film is named dredd but its not about him , they could have called it "the taking of pine trees block", the psychic girl looks like she'll reveal something about him but no then its just another day in the deep end!

all things considered very good film if you don't go in expecting to know more about dredd than its the name on his tag, oh and that he's worth a million credit to take down by corrupt judges

if they make a sequel hope they fixed these little details if they want the masses to like it more

Man you really got some big points here...

i've only read page 1 so far, give the film a B for one reason you don't see dredd face ever! i watched the movie today because i heard karl urban was in it, and if i hadnt watch star trek like 3 times this past weekend i'd have no idea it was his chin now that said apart from that the film was good, lena heady aka queen cersei was crayzayyyy, interesting drug if your house is on fire you'd probably die of burns before being able to do anything about it lolll i love them shutting down a building of that size , and when she said call 911 totally badass i was not expecting the cavalry to be corrupted judges did not like the rookie now all that said i think i had more fun watching stallone's judge dredd, i like it and watch it whenever its on tv, dredd has a backstory , however corny the cloning thing was ,it was a futuristic theme, and sure maybe the film is cheesy but it worked for me! plus his sidekick held her own better this kind of makes me think about the new spiderman film , they started it out as something more then 30mn in they drop that and it turns into a generic spiderman episodesame thing here the film is named dredd but its not about him , they could have called it "the taking of pine trees block", the psychic girl looks like she'll reveal something about him but no then its just another day in the deep end! all things considered very good film if you don't go in expecting to know more about dredd than its the name on his tag, oh and that he's worth a million credit to take down by corrupt judges if they make a sequel hope they fixed these little details if they want the masses to like it more

You never see his face cause that's how it was in the comics.
  • Like 1

I just bought this a few days ago and I'm glad it was as great as I remember back in theaters.  Talk about a well put together movie. Even though didn't feel like a superhero movie at all really, I'd say its definitely the best one made right behind TDK.  I really hope this eventually gets a sequel with how well its been recieved by everyone thats seen it(critcs/GA alike) along with the really good home video sales.

Edited by Shpongle

You never see his face cause that's how it was in the comics.

yeah i get that, i was on imdb also , as a representative of people who don't read comics , i had no clue about that ....but even so i like karl urban and it would have been nice for people to see his face if only in one scene in the beginning before they go off to pine trees block , it would have made sense to see his face there afterward not so much seeing how they played out the scenario !

i just feel he won't get as much recognition for playing a good role in a good film , dredd blipped on my radar fleetingly some time last year but i dismissed it a la total recall remake, unlike people who might have dissed it because they hate stallone version , me it was because i like that one and kind of irks me these endless remake of films that are still recent enough for me....

anyway if the comic fans liked it then , who cares about random moviegoer right? compromise is the name of the game when it comes to adaptation , would fans really have screamed murder if he had shown his face for 2 lousy minutes in a 95mn film?

Edited by ladyevenstar22

yeah i get that, i was on imdb also , as a representative of people who don't read comics , i had no clue about that ....but even so i like karl urban and it would have been nice for people to see his face if only in one scene in the beginning before they go off to pine trees block , it would have made sense to see his face there afterward not so much seeing how they played out the scenario !

i just feel he won't get as much recognition for playing a good role in a good film , dredd blipped on my radar fleetingly some time last year but i dismissed it a la total recall remake, unlike people who might have dissed it because they hate stallone version , me it was because i like that one and kind of irks me these endless remake of films that are still recent enough for me....

anyway if the comic fans liked it then , who cares about random moviegoer right? compromise is the name of the game when it comes to adaptation , would fans really have screamed murder if he had shown his face for 2 lousy minutes in a 95mn film?

No.  Never seeing the top half of his face is one of biggest reasons why this movie worked.

• Like 2

Like the movie or not, you have to admit Dredd was a giant 'screw you' to every superhero genre cliche. You were supposed to like it when Dredd killed bad guys, but you weren't supposed to give a damn about the guy himself. 

+ no alter ego, no superpowers, no love interest etc...  Just a brutal fascist cop that sees everything in black and white and doesn't take any shit.  Thats why showing his face would've been a really bad idea.  It would've humanized him too much and he is supposed to be a faceless representation of the law.

• Like 2

Dexter often doesn't know what kind of movie he's watching so he reviews Dredd in the same way he would review Schindler's List 

I know the action movie of the 1980s but does not mean you can not have a good character. The action scene in Rambo are better. This movie was trying to be so cool with its actions film that it failed. 

I know the action movie of the 1980s but does not mean you can not have a good character. The action scene in Rambo are better. This movie was trying to be so cool with its actions film that it failed. 

Then you clearly misunderstood Dredd ... character is not only older than Rambo he's also nothing like him 

Rambo is a very emotion-driven character while Dredd is most certainly not 

Like I mentioned somewhere in this thread Dredd is a cross between these characters 

Dirty Harry, Robocop and Terminator