baumer

Pitch Perfect

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Pitch Perfect is the story of young girl who is an aspiring dj, as she is just starting college, trying to fit in and find her way. She ends up joining one of the school's acapella groups and finds what makes her happy: musicYou've seen this story before. You've seen this story on Glee every week on Fox. But what makes this story great is that it accepts that reality and stands on it's own. Where Glee would play things like a soap opera where kids would sing out their feelings, Pitch Perfect make sit abundantly clear that was left in 'high school' and that 'this is real life' since it's college. Out of everyone the person who will explode from this is Rebel Wilson. It's a lot like Bridesmaids where everyone remembered Melissa McCarthy's outlandish crazy performance. Well, it's a lot like that and but it's also not at all like that. She just has these one liners and quips that are showstoppers.Speaking of Bridesmaids, there was a couple memorable scenes that are seared into the collective public's memory and kept that film's momentum to an outstanding gross 170M of after a modest 26M opening weekend. Well, i am happy to reports this film has that and more. And once it happens once, it's obvious this film is going out on it's own.Anyways, go see this movie. It's Aca-mazing

Edited by Expendable baumer

This film has 1 of the oddest tructures and strangest performances I can recall..... and yet the whole thing works. ANNA kendrick is my definite crush right now. She has gone from cute and adorable to flat out sexy and stunning. The tunes in the film really keep it light and entertaining. It's also interesting to see Elizabeth Banks in the film. Scrolling through the credits she is listed as Executive Producer. She hit a home run with this one and if her eye is as good in the future for interesting stories as it is here, then I'm excited to see her next project.8/10

Edited by baumer