baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

Funny guy!You're missing the point. The gulf between the people who have seen TE2 and Perks is HUGE. That alone shows me that TE2 will live longer. Just because a movie outgrosses another one by a couple of million, doesn't

You are missing the point
  • Like 1

Less than 1m people worldwide have seen Perks.

Over 37m people worldwide have seen The Expendables 2.

How anyone can say that Perks will be more popular is crazy.

People aren't going to suddenly stop seeing TE2 and suddenly start renting and buying Perks in their millions.

Therefore TE2 will be more loved and stay in the public conciousness for longer. It's rare sense to even see that logic.

Algren hates on Perks for two major reasons:1. It stars Emma Watson. She's from Harry Potter and as long as I'm here, he'll hate on it and everyone associated with it.2. It has gay characters.

3. It doesnt have the man of his dreams in it

Less than 1m people worldwide have seen Perks.

Over 37m people worldwide have seen The Expendables 2.

How anyone can say that Perks will be more popular is crazy.

People aren't going to suddenly stop seeing TE2 and suddenly start renting and buying Perks in their millions.

Therefore TE2 will be more loved and stay in the public conciousness for longer. It's rare sense to even see that logic.

If I wasn't so lazy I could point out examples of this happening

This whole thing has a lot of shades of grey. On one hand just because it makes lots of money, on the other hand many films critics and Internet people love won't be ever be heard of by probably anyone either (movies like Dredd, Perks, and Scott Pilgrim fit that mold)

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Algren, I could come up with a page full of counter examples if I wanted to, but we would still be at a stalemate.None of us know for certain how much Perks and Expendables will be loved by future audiences. However, I'm ultimately concluding that Perks, like so many other films, will gain more popularity in the long run. The Expendables 2 may have been fun popcorn entertainment, but I can't imagine that people will still be worshiping it.The fact that we're even having this conversation right now shows us how dedicated we are to this wonderful film.

I don't see why so much conversation time is being given to a film that nobody is seeing. That film being Perks.

Better to talk about Paranormal Activity 4 or Argo, at least people are enjoying those movies in their droves.

God I just wanna punch you. Perks already has a passionate fan base and it'll grow on dvd. No one saw Clerk,Dazed and Confused or Spinal Tap when they first came out, either