kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

Bond 24 and ID4 are not really locked over 300 mil..

Did I say lock in that post anywhere? Going off history looks good for Bond with Mendes/Craig back. As for ID4-2 biggest nostalgic factor, under SW7, but above JPIV.

My bold prediction for the year is Dory either winning or coming in second place for the year domestically, but I don't know if either really needs to move. If people want to see them, people will see them. 

Edited by Cmasterclay

Did I say lock in that post anywhere? Going off history looks good for Bond with Mendes/Craig back. As for ID4-2 biggest nostalgic factor, under SW7, but above JPIV.

As much as I love ID4, I think it has the least amount of chance, as unless Fox nails it with the marketing, it will seem like just another alien film.

Only thing that needs to move in November is Ant-Man. It comes out the same weekend as Bond and has a lot of competition. Movies can co-exist but it hard when for a blockbuster that is not sequel to go up against blockbuster week after week. Plus open the same day as a blockbuster.

Potter managed it okay but that was shot back to back, I suspect that Mockingjay will be shot back to back as well.

Well that was the stroke of genius of Potter, adding an artificial episode by shooting 2 movies at the same time.

Twilight did the same.

THG will be the same.

Why not December 2015 or March 2016 for MJ2. It has a big fanbase and THG already made $400M in March, it doesnt need a summer month, or even Thanksgiving. (Though personally I think its fine where it is).

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

Why not December 2015 or March 2016 for MJ2. It has a big fanbase and THG already made $400M in March, it doesnt need a summer month, or even Thanksgiving. (Though personally I think its fine where it is).

December is essentially empty now with Avatar 2 most likely out of the way.

December is essentially empty now with Avatar 2 most likely out of the way.

December 2015 lacks a live action blockbuster, WB should slot MoS 2 or Wonder Woman/The Flash on that date or Paramount with Mission Impossible V.
  • Like 2

December 2015 lacks a live action blockbuster, WB should slot MoS 2 or Wonder Woman/The Flash on that date or Paramount with Mission Impossible V.

Maybe studios are waiting for Avatar 2 to play its hand. As you see May only has one movie, could it be studios are waiting where SW7 goes.

MY PROJECTED SCHEDULE

April 17: Mission Impossible 5

April 24: TBA

May 1: The Avengers 2

May 8:  TBA

May 15: Snow White and the Huntsman Part 2

May 22: Star Wars Episode VII 

May 29: TBA

June 5: B.O.O: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations

June 10: World War Z2

June 12: Jurassic Park IV

June 19: Inside Out

June 19: Assassin’s Creed

June 26: Redemption of Cain

June 26: Terminator

July 3:  ID Forever Part One

July 3:  Untitled Illumination Project

July 10: POTCV

July 17:  Man of Steel 2

July 24: Smurfs 3

July 24: Star Trek 3

July 31: Prometheus 2

FOX

WARNER BROS

SONY

PARAMOUNT

UNIVERSAL

DISNEY

Edited by Neo

I think Paramount should make a move for Star Trek XIII to be released around Christmas 2015. ST09 was moved from Christmas 08 to summer in an attempt to expand upon the franchise's audience. That move was successful, but now I think it would be incredibly beneficial for the next Trek to come out at a time when movies can typically coexist easier, plus there are normally no more than one or two big sci-fi films released in the Holidays. It helped Ghost Protocol, I think Trek would benefit nicely from a Holiday release as well.

Edited by Sogno
  • Like 1

Maybe studios are waiting for Avatar 2 to play its hand. As you see May only has one movie, could it be studios are waiting where SW7 goes.

This is the problem studio are waiting for these films. They should just schedule a spot.  If one of these movies takes the spot then just get a new release date.

• Like 1

I think Paramount should make a move for Star Trek XIII to be released around Christmas 2015. ST09 was moved from Christmas 08 to summer in an attempt to expand upon the franchise's audience. That move was successful, but now I think it would be incredibly beneficial for the next Trek to come out at a time when movies can typically coexist easier, plus there are normally no more than one or two big sci-fi films released in the Holidays. It helped Ghost Protocol, I think Trek would benefit nicely from a Holiday release as well.

If A2 is there, maybe you can get a SH/Avatar.