kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

But UNI tried to get Jurassic Park  was tried to get JP made but it been a slow process. Par all they need to is wait a year for 2016. 2015 is already crowded.  I do not think Paramount would have a problem with putting Trek 3 in 2016.

Was an example, first that popped in my head. Really if they wanted, I bet they could have done it. You don't think 2016 will be crowded? Summer 2015 still has dates open.

Was an example, first that popped in my head. Really if they wanted, I bet they could have done it. You don't think 2016 will be crowded? Summer 2015 still has dates open.

It might be, but I don't think it will be near as crowded as 2015.

I expect WB to announce 2 DC films for 2015. at comic con One for the summer and one in the winter.

I have a feeling its Wonder Woman that gets to be the first DC film after MoS 2 but I'd be just as happy If it is the Flash,

If they wanted for 20th would have pushed for it (UNI). Same with Trek 3 if PAR wants 2015, they will go with 2015.

50 years is a big milestone and if you have a movie coming out, its serves as publicity for a film as most if not all areas of media will cover it, before Skyfall came out, it was mentioned that it was the 50th anniversary creating awareness for the film.

On March 12, 2013, in a visit to India to celebrate the success of his film Lincoln, Spielberg was asked by The Times of India about the status of the Tintin sequel. In response, Spielberg said, "Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas-time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge."

And the Tintin sequel might come out December 2015 too!  Way too much animated fare for one holiday season.

Edited by Ice Minions

I think if Avatar 2 does come out in December 2015, Finding Dory would have to move since it's the closest.

No. Why would it? Animation vs live-action. Would be 23 days apart.

May 2013: TMR vs FN (16 days)

May 2007: The Big Three

December 2009: Avatar vs Alvin (5 days)

• Like 1

But Avatar didn't really open THAT high. Avatar 2 could create a huge vortex in the December box office, sucking up all other business like Avengers did last May.

Could it be there was nothing big last May? SM3 151M, is that big enough? Wouldn't matter anyways, would be at 60% total gross by Avatar's release. I showed you even with Avatar/A2, A2 survived the extra days should be enough.

On March 12, 2013, in a visit to India to celebrate the success of his film Lincoln, Spielberg was asked by The Times of India about the status of the Tintin sequel. In response, Spielberg said, "Don't hold me to it, but we're hoping the film will come out around Christmas-time in 2015. We know which books we're making, we can't share that now but we're combining two books which were always intended to be combined by Herge." And the Tintin sequel might come out December 2015 too!  Way too much animated fare for one holiday season.

I imagine they're waiting for Peter Jackson to finish the Hobbit before they start work on Tintin, it might be more difficult given KFP3 is already scheduled for December, I think 2016 is more likely,

I have a feeling its Wonder Woman that gets to be the first DC film after MoS 2 but I'd be just as happy If it is the Flash,50 years is a big milestone and if you have a movie coming out, its serves as publicity for a film as most if not all areas of media will cover it, before Skyfall came out, it was mentioned that it was the 50th anniversary creating awareness for the film.

WB should do Wonder woman and Aquaman two very different superhero movies that have yet to be seen on the big screen.

WB should do Wonder woman and Aquaman two very different superhero movies that have yet to be seen on the big screen.

Aquaman needs a movie that more in vein with the current comics and that will finally get rid of the Superfriends stereotype that he's useless, he's a great character but a film based mostly underwater would be expensive even with CGI.

I imagine they're waiting for Peter Jackson to finish the Hobbit before they start work on Tintin, it might be more difficult given KFP3 is already scheduled for December, I think 2016 is more likely,

KFP3 isn't coming out in that month. FOX is most likely looking for a new date since they scheduled Alvin 4 for that month after KFP3. They aren't releasing both for sure!

Ant Man is going to be squashed anywhere. Wright's style doesn't appeal to mainstream and he won't cast a big name with actual drawing power cause he never does. Some BO-free geek favorite nobody has heard of or cares for. Just wait and see.

• Like 1

Ant Man is going to be squashed anywhere. Wright's style doesn't appeal to mainstream and he won't cast a big name with actual drawing power cause he never does. Some BO-free geek favorite nobody has heard of or cares for. Just wait and see.

MARVEL

• Like 2