Raiders of the Lost Ark

49 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Raiders of the Lost Ark

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I saw Raiders on the big screen today for the first time. OH MY GOD! What a treat. So glorious seeing it in the format I have never seen before. The action is that much better and the sound is amazing. Spielberg is so gifted. There is nothing like Raiders and there never will be again. Just fantastic.

• Like 5

I've still never seen it on the big screen. :(One of the all-time adventures. To steal from another franchise, it bows to no one.

It really doesn't. It is one action piece after another. I saw Temple today too. I swear I had a lump in my throat when Short Round told Indy he loved him before burning him with the torch, and then when Indy said, "Yea...ALL OF US" I thought I was going to jump up and cheer.And when he shot the swordsman in Raiders, the crowd cheered.
  • Like 1

It has great set pieces, fantastic action, fabulous script and a great score. Harrison Ford was born to play this role. He is simply fantastic as Indiana Jones. Karen Allen is superb. John Rhys-Davies and Denholm Elliot turn in fanatstic supporting performaces. Spielberg gets the biggest shout for delivering such a masterpiece. Spielberg proved with this movie that there would be never an equal to him and amazingly after 32 years, that is still just as true as it was in 1981.

From the very first scene beginning with the temple entry and outrunning the boulder, the movie gets hold of the audience and never lets go. This movie has umpteen iconic sequences and lines. The action scenes on the truck is stunning and never gets old.

I consider this the best movie ever. The collboration of the two biggest innvoators/trend setters of Hollywood in Lucas and Spielberg not only defied all expecatations but exceeded them by delivering a masterpiece for the ages

A++

• Like 3

I think ET & Raiders are really great films. I loved the first half of Jaws, but overally I cant really get into a movie that is about a bunch of people hunting sharks LOL

Fair enough, but it's so much more than that imo.And besides, I can't ask that everyone like the same films as I do. It's great to hear other people's opinions on the films they love.
  • Like 1

I saw Raiders on the big screen today for the first time. OH MY GOD! What a treat. So glorious seeing it in the format I have never seen before. The action is that much better and the sound is amazing. Spielberg is so gifted. There is nothing like Raiders and there never will be again. Just fantastic.

Was it by any chance the 30th Anniversary and/or IMAX restored version?  That looks and sounds simply phenomenal on the big screen and was a real treat.

Awesome that you finally got to see the best big screen movie ever made (Lawrence of Arabia or Jaws would be close seconds for me) on the big screen!!

• Like 1

Was it by any chance the 30th Anniversary and/or IMAX restored version?  That looks and sounds simply phenomenal on the big screen and was a real treat.

Awesome that you finally got to see the best big screen movie ever made (Lawrence of Arabia or Jaws would be close seconds for me) on the big screen!!

No, just the regular grainy 80's version.  That made it even more special.

• Like 1

No, just the regular grainy 80's version.  That made it even more special.

Very nice, baumer.  :)

There had been occasional screening of Raiders all thru the 90s at few select theaters in Kansas City metro. While I had watched it in early 80s several times in the theaters, it was still great to rewatch it in the mid to late 90s.

I would love to watch it again on the big screen.

Very nice, baumer.  :)

There had been occasional screening of Raiders all thru the 90s at few select theaters in Kansas City metro. While I had watched it in early 80s several times in the theaters, it was still great to rewatch it in the mid to late 90s.

I would love to watch it again on the big screen.

I know this is going to sound cliche, but I don't know how else to describe it.  Seeing it on the big screen was magic.  For a guy in his 40's who didn't start going to the theater regularly until about the age of 12 (1984) I didn't see a lot of the classics on the biog screen.  In fact,  I didn't really see any of my faves on the big screen.  Return of the Jedi and Temple of Doom were the first of the series that I saw and not until Jaws 3 did I see JAWS on big screen....so this is a big deal to me.

• Like 1