The Creator

Marketing Info

First teaser posters for upcoming blockbuster "Dominion" revealed

The upcoming sci-fi epic from director Jonathan Nolan started today with their huge marketing campaign.

Two teaser posters have been revealed: Very simple, just black with a tagline on it.

"Salvation Is Done 12.14.Y8"

and

"We found Hope 12.14.Y8"

Not that many information about the plot, so the audience have to wait a few more months for the first trailer to hit the theaters.

Edited by SilverShark

First teaser posters for upcoming blockbuster "Dominion" revealed

The upcoming sci-fi epic from director Jonathan Nolan started today with their huge marketing campaign.

Two teaser posters have been revealed: Very simple, just black with a tagline on it.

"Salvation Is Done 12.14.Y8"

and

"We found Hope 12.14.Y8"

Not that many information about the plot, so the audience have to wait a few more months for the first trailer to hit the theaters.

These are unfortunately, new times. Times where Chronicles of Narnia could easily crush this on opening weekend.

The Scottsboro Boys

Trailer #1: Debuts with Psy: I'm A Gentleman; Attached to The Wanders and A Comedy.
Trailer #2: Debuts with The Doppelganger; Attached to Miserable Fans and South Pacific

Reality Shift

Red-Band Trailer: Debuts with Conventional Wisdom; Attached to After Party, Blank, and The Scottsboro Boys

Trailer #1: Debuts with A Comedy; Attached to The Doppelganger and Crime Stinks.
Trailer #2: Debuts with Miserable Fans; Attached to The Office: An American Workplace and Thomas the Tank Engine

Innocense

Trailer: Debuts with White Cargo.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Teaser: Debuts with Ping
Trailer #1: Debuts with The Golden Legend: The Knight of Fire; Attached to The Terrible Plight of Freddy Zapper, Things Hoped For, Justice League, and Miserable Fans.
Trailer #2: Debuts with Spark: Ignition; Attached to LucIId, The Blue Belt, and Amulet

Fox in Socks

Trailer #1: Debuts with Justice League

Trailer #2: Debuts with Spark: Ignition; Attached to The Blue Belt and Amulet

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2

Trailer #1: Debuts with Thomas the Tank Engine; Attached to The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief

Trailer #2: Debuts with Amulet; Attached to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Fox in Socks

Epic Battlers

Trailer: Debuts with Amulet; Attached to Fox in Socks and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2

The Fall of Boss Tweed

Teaser: Debuts with Blank.
Trailer: Debuts with Extrasensory; Attached to Seeing Her and The Rich and Famous.

Jekyll Jr. 2

Trailer: Debuts with Fox in Socks; Attached to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2, Epic Battlers, and Adventure Time: The Battle for Ooo,

A Woman in the Crowd

Trailer #1: Debuts with Extrasensory; Attached to Seeing Her, The Fall of Boss Tweed and  The Rich and Famous
Trailer #2: Debuts with Heavy Rain; Attached to Risk Management

Among the Hidden

Teaser: Debuts with Things Hoped For
Trailer #1: Debuts with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time; Attached to Fox in Socks, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2, Epic Battlers, Adventure Time: The Battle for Ooo

Trailer #2: Debuts with Jekyll, Jr. 2; Attached to Halloweentown IV

Searching for Mr. Watterson

Trailer: Debuts with Innocense; Attached to Jazz: The Movie, Risk Management, and Brother and Sister.

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass

Announcement Teaser: Debuts with Unbalanced 4

Jul Red-Band Trailer: Debuts with The Scottsboro Boys; Attached to Reality Shift, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, The Fall of Boss Tweed, The Vast Dark: Shadows of the Past, Celluloid Heroes

Trailer #1: Debuts with Harlem Shake: 28 Days Later; Attached to Leviathan.

Trailer #2: Debuts with A Woman in the Crowd; Attached to Journey and Hollywood

A Series of Unfortunate Events: Movie the Third

Teaser: Debuts with Bone - Solstice

Trailer #1: Debuts with Spark: Ignition; Attached to The Blue Belt, Thomas the Tank Engine, The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief, and Amulet.
Trailer #2: Debuts with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time; Attached to Fox in Socks, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - The Return of Queen Chrysalis, Part 2, Epic Battlers, and Adventure Time: The Battle for Ooo, Jekyll, Jr. 2, and Halloweentown IV
Trailer #3: Debuts with Among the Hidden; Attached to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and A Wish for Wings That Work

The Three-Month Funeral

Trailer #1: Debuts with Extrasensory; Attached to Seeing Her, The Rich and Famous, The Fall of Boss Tweed, Heavy Rain, and Risk Management.
Trailer #2: Debuts with A Woman in the Crowd; Attached to Hollywood, Journey, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Shiloh, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

The Once and Future King: The Queen of Air and Darkness

Teaser: Debuts with Bone: Solstice
Trailer #1: Debuts with Spark: Ignition; Attached to LucIId, The Blue Belt, and The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief
Trailer #2: Debuts with Amulet; Attached to Fox in Socks and A Woman in the Crowd
Trailer #3: Debuts with Among the Hidden; Attached to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, and A Series of Unfortunate Events: Movie the Third

We´ll see about that :)

I'm doing actuals and Narnia. :ph34r: Not that I'm biased or anything. :P

But in all honesty, I'll look at the predictions in part 2, do my own analysis, come up with a range of maybe 20 million and then randomly generate the final gross.

Edited by riczhang

I wouldn´t be mad or something as long its reasonable but I think both can co-exist in the box office war  :P .

I think it will be interesting.  :ph34r:

I can make one comparison, the Y5 battle was between Spellforce 3 vs. Dawn of Oblivion. And fantasy won out against sci-fi. The Chronicles of Narnia is probably going to burn out at $300 million plus (even though the actuals for the first haven't been added yet), and Dominion will finish with around $175-200 million.

The second narnia movie will decrease since its from the one book no one knows or cares about.

It'll feature the Pevensies fairly prominently in their own story arc. 

• Like 1

I can make one comparison, the Y5 battle was between Spellforce 3 vs. Dawn of Oblivion. And fantasy won out against sci-fi. The Chronicles of Narnia is probably going to burn out at $300 million plus (even though the actuals for the first haven't been added yet), and Dominion will finish with around $175-200 million.

Sorry but how  could you know how much Dominion will do if you havent read it yet? 

• Like 3

Eh, I'm not too keen on this idea. Seems like it'll overcomplicate things. I think it'd be a lot simpler to consider and judge how well a film's premise/story/whatever lends itself to marketing and base things on that. And if you're planning on doing a more complex marketing campaign, you can write it in the trailers thread.

Also, I can easily see some players going seriously overboard with the whole thing. 

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 1

Eh, I'm not too keen on this idea. Seems like it'll overcomplicate things. I think it'd be a lot simpler to consider and judge how well a film's premise/story/whatever lends itself to marketing and base things on that. And if you're planning on doing a more complex marketing campaign, you can write it in the trailers thread.

Also, I can easily see some players going seriously overboard with the whole thing. 

It doesn't affect the box office results. It's for fun, mostly. No one took these into consideration from what I know.

• Like 2

A Love Worth Killing For
Trailer 1: Suicide Is Painless, The Good The Bad & The Mechanical, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Part 2, Second to Singapore
Trailer 2: MST3K: Expedecade, Run & Gun 2, Shia LaBeouf: The Movie, Runaway Man, Lazy River Squad, Day of the Tentacle

On The Record

Trailer 1: Timmy's Summer Vacation, Black Friday

Trailer 2: E.S.P, Daisy Lemonade

The Departure

Trailer: 45 Seconds of Glory, Runaway Man, Final Transmission, Girl In The Red Dress, The Line

• Like 2