A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I heard something about there is going to be an extra 6 days of public holidays next month, in early November for the Apec summit.  However, it seems its only in Beijing, and it only affects employees of government organizations.  Is this right?  Is this going to help at the box office?

I heard something about there is going to be an extra 6 days of public holidays next month, in early November for the Apec summit.  However, it seems its only in Beijing, and it only affects employees of government organizations.  Is this right?  Is this going to help at the box office?

Yes, students will also be out.

Beijing is #1 city of box office in China, it will help.

That's almost $40m!!! It should pass $50m on Friday, am I right Olive? And it passed $700m WW yesterday! That's good enough for me ;)

Yes its great for sure. I would've love to see it passing 100m and joining X-Men: DOFP, CA:TWS and DOTPOTA though. That seems hard now. Or not? I really cant interprate the China box office. Anyway 75m are locked and that's really good for a non sequel. :)

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

For reference, CA:TWS had an opening weekend of $38 million in China, and was in release exactly one month there, with a final tally of $115m. (According to BOM.)

At this point everything is gravy, but it was exciting for awhile to think Guardians might reach $800m. What does everybody think now, $750m WW?

Monday numbers for GOTG is very disappointing, less than 25M yuan..

updated release dates:

10.21  Hercules
10.24   Lucy
10.28  Mazer Runner
10.31  TMNT
11.12  Interstellar
11.14  Penguins of Mad.
11.21  Mockingjay p1

Hercules:  50m

Lucy: 60m

Maze Runner: 35m

TMNT: 75m

Inter: +100m

Penguins: ??

Mockingjay: 30m

• Like 1

Luckily no big movies open this week.

Friday showtimes

GOTG  31.8%

BB 22.1%

IA2  6.4%

Hercules opnes next Wednesday, it will do decent numbers, people love the Rock, Journey 2 made close to 400M yuan.

Lucy which opens next Friday has a lot of buzz too.

These 2 combined could make more than 100M dollars.

• Like 7