A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

14 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

so every movie is getting away scot-free but Ip Man 3 and even Monster Hunt will forever be labelled as Fudged Numbers?

Gosh...

That’s different.IP Man 3 and Monster Hunt had "ghost showings”(幽灵场).The films played only 15 min and attendances were higher than 100% on midnight because the distributors made fake.

Edited by Gavin Feng

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

That’s different.IP Man 3 and Monster Hunt had "ghost showings”(幽灵场).The films played only 15 min and attendances were higher than 100%.

All are guilty, doesn't matter which one was more "severe". Fudging and fake box office should be condemned.

Sunday numbers:
I Belonged to You - ¥81M/¥309M

Operation Mekong - ¥65M/¥165M
Legend of Ravaging Dynasties - ¥56.5M/197M 
Mission Milano - ¥37.2M/106M
Storks - ¥5.5M/¥55.9M

First 2 days of Golden week is down 10% from last year.

• Like 3

On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 5:44 PM, TigerPaw said:

Heard Operation Mekong is fudging... 
Warcraft did the same too..

But no1 is doing anything except than for Ip Man 3.. 

OM is fudging? It's increasing daily which indicates great WOM. It has 9.3 on Maoyan, a high score and higher than the other releases at 7.7-8.7. 

That would be some serious packing.

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 4:07 AM, Lihongkim said:

So I Belong to You is going to top this long holiday box office. UNEXPECTED!

Xiao Nai power!

IDK if it's fudge or not but OM is going to increase again today by 10%. It's performing like GML last year. That trajectory could bring a bigger total in the end. 

Edited by No Prisoners

I watched both L.O.R.D. and I Belonged To You.

I expected L.O.R.D. to be bad because of its Douban score (and because GJM directed it) but it was actually really great and enjoyable. The CG is better than anything I've seen from the mainland. It's a shame that it was attacked even before it was released because that really affected the performance, I believe. It's better than the big local 3D movies that were released in summer (Time Raiders, League of God).

I Belonged To You on the other hand was bad. I expected better from Zhang Yibai. I love Bai Baihe so I was looking forward to this but it left me disappointed.

Monnday numbers:
I Belonged to You - ¥75.5M/¥386M
Operation Mekong - ¥72.5M/¥238M
Legend of Ravaging Dynasties - ¥44.1M/241M 
Mission Milano - ¥29.5M/136M
Storks - ¥5.4M/¥61.3M

First 3 days of Golden week is down 10% from last year.

• Like 4

i watched L.O.R.D 
good points:
-everybody looked good, specially FBB and kris lol everybody
- i liked the bromance between Yinchen and Qi Ling (well the target was teenager girls and gay citizens);)
- surprisly good CGI well at least not bad and honestly the best since this year ( hater only love to hate)

Bad points:
-  the story progression was messy. Towards the end of the movie, I  have no idea what was actually going on.
- the acting wasn't good (well most of the cast aren't know for their good acting)
- another bad points but only my speculation i don't think this film will earn 1 b but how know i didn't think that about time raiders they male more than 1 bill..

Tuesday numbers:

Operation Mekong - ¥75.5M/¥313M
I Belonged to You - ¥65M/¥452M
Legend of Ravaging Dynasties - ¥32.8M/275M 
Mission Milano - ¥23M/159M

Robinson Crusoe -9.1M OD
Storks - ¥3.85M/¥65.2M

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Olive said:

Tuesday numbers:

Operation Mekong - ¥75.5M/¥313M
I Belonged to You - ¥65M/¥452M
Legend of Ravaging Dynasties - ¥32.8M/275M 
Mission Milano - ¥23M/159M

Robinson Crusoe -9.1M OD
Storks - ¥3.85M/¥65.2M

The gap will widen on the daily for OM vs IBTY.  OM should pass it's total next week. It has saved the holiday from being down 25%+. May only be down 15% from the first to the 7th.

@Olive will Sunday be a workday?

Don't forget the derby.  @AndyLL has the picks ready for the new week. All new players that start this month will compete against each other for a gold account each week of OCT.

You don't need to beat the best to win the contest and win an upgrade, just the newbs :D

Sign up and make some picks. Borrow Cjohns monkey to throw some darts! New players from the last 2 weeks are included in the competition thru Oct.

Deadline is Thursday Midnight PT

http://derby.boxofficetheory.com/Predictions.aspx

Ranking updates as estimates come out to see how you're placing.

Edited by No Prisoners

OM bumping again today. It will definitely be the holiday winner and has a shot at 1B+ if it holds well next week. First breakout in months

The wild life and storks holding flat. 

Both have a chance at ¥100m.

The last 7 hollywood movies are either 100m~ TS,  NL, Storks, TWL  or 440m~ JB5, STB, IA5

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

OM bumping again today. It will definitely be the holiday winner and has a shot at 1B+ if it holds well next week. First breakout in months

Film director strongly expected the movie will make 1B at box office. Looks like it'll be true. 

• Like 1

Wednesday numbers:
Operation Mekong - ¥83.5M/¥397.5M
I Belonged to You - ¥57.5M/¥510M
Legend of Ravaging Dynasties - ¥26.5M/302M 
Mission Milano - ¥19.8M/179M
Robinson Crusoe -9.4M/18.85m
Storks - ¥3.4M/¥68.6M

• Like 6

8 hours ago, KGator said:

SARFT will probably abandon the 1 month limit soon for most movies. They've been dishing out some pretty useless extensions lately (like the SLOP one). By "useless", I mean that those extensions are given despite the fact that those movies don't have much gas left.

• Like 2

Today will be like a Sunday as tomorrow and Sunday is a workday. In effect, negating a weekend.

OM to drop 15-20%

Other movies to drop the standard 25 -30%

Storks and TWL will hold a little better as toons usually do.

The holiday will be down 15%~ vs last year.

Ben Hur has just 300k in PS for Monday OD. 

The BFG has just 15k in PS for next Friday.  Last year AM opened to 80m on Friday the 16th. 

With little competition, holdovers should perform well next week. OM with a good shot at 1B. First since WC. 

Edited by No Prisoners