A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I got put a dirt of look here......

If I hear MinaTakla nag and complain about that every new animated film is a box office disappointment...in his eyes....I swear to god, I can't take his arguments seriously. :angry:

Yes....the recent animated films like Peanuts & The Good Dinosaur did lower than we all expected....but we don't constantly nag about it being a box office disappointment.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

36 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Ok. What % of the Chinese gross does DWA get then?

Its very compliated. dont know. ODW could collect 37% (still a big ?) from KFP3 box office. But how much DWA gets ? It depends on how much money it wants to move to the US, which might be what you mean. But for most international companies, they dont have to move all of their profits to their home country (if there is a home country). Most of Apple's money are kept outside of the US.

In many people's imagination, studios (producer+distributor) take 55% out of NA box office, 40~45% out of OS-C box office. But that percentage is pointless, without factoring in marketing and distribution costs. The problem is, unless you actually work on the project, you dont know exactly the cost and profits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firedeep said:

Raving review for MK2 from THR:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/monkey-king-2-film-review-860996

Also, now most think Mermiad will win the first day but MK2 wins the following days.

Surprised by the glowing review from a western outlet, especially since THR panned the first entry. Casting Gong Li is a brilliant move, and Kwok as Wukong may be better than Yen who was quite flat as the Monkey King IMO.

1 hour ago, FranMan said:

Surprised by the glowing review from a western outlet, especially since THR panned the first entry. Casting Gong Li is a brilliant move, and Kwok as Wukong may be better than Yen who was quite flat as the Monkey King IMO.

Surprising because most people actually said that despite Monkey King (2014) being a bad movie, most did acknowledge Donnie's performance as outstanding and versatile. I know Kwok will bring a different game and different side to Sun Wu Kong, but we don't neccessary have to compare to Yen's verson, both can be outstanding. 

I read some reviews on local media(Singapore), mostly 3 or 3.5 upon 5. Improvement over the first, but still not as good as films like Mojin. I will catch it on Feb 5th to analyze it myelf.

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I got put a dirt of look here......

If I hear MinaTakla nag and complain about that every new animated film is a box office disappointment...in his eyes....I swear to god, I can't take his arguments seriously. :angry:

Yes....the recent animated films like Peanuts & The Good Dinosaur did lower than we all expected....but we don't constantly nag about it being a box office disappointment.

Well if a film disappoints in my opiniin, I'll continue to say it.

Regardless of whether am a fan of that film or not.

All 3 underpeformed imo but of course you're free to take it seriously or dismiss it:)  It's a discussion forum after all.

4 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

Well if a film disappoints in my opiniin, I'll continue to say it.

Regardless of whether am a fan of that film or not.

All 3 underpeformed imo but of course you're free to take it seriously or dismiss it:)  It's a discussion forum after all.

Yeah, but you're getting too obnoxious if you continue doing that. I don't care if you are so much against any new movie failing, you just come of as a broken record. [Mod Edit ]

9 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, but you're getting too obnoxious if you continue doing that. I don't care if you are so much against any new movie failing, you just come of as a broken record. [mod edit]

Well you can always voice your opinion without throwing f bombs at me. But yea again everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Me included.

Post reported to the mods.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Are you sure. I see only 2% shows KFP3 at this point at maoyon and cbooo.

They changed that 4th column on Maoyan and it keeps funding me up. You're right it was 2%, now 2.3%. 

45m now. Should get to upper 40s and be down 5-7% as pre-sales indicated.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FranMan said:

The legend Queen Gong finds her value in Chinese blockbuster.

19 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Well you can always voice your opinion without throwing f bombs at me. But yea again everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Me included.

Post reported to the mods.

Dude. You're taking this "disappointment" argument, too seriously and too literally.

Did i nag about "Spectre" a disappointment, when it only made nearly $878M WW? No, because it's still the second biggest film in the Bond-franchise. And it's still a great amount of money.

Did anyone else here, nag about "Age of Ultron" being a disappointment, when it only made $1.4B WW? Again, no..... Because it's still the 7th biggest film of all time.

And trying to report anyone else's post about your behavior, isn't gonna help you......just so you know.

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Dude. You're taking this "disappointment" argument, too seriously and too literally.

Did i nag about "Spectre" a disappointment, when it only made nearly $878M WW? No, because it's still the second biggest film in the Bond-franchise. And it's still a great amount of money.

Did anyone else here, nag about "Age of Ultron" being a disappointment, when it only made $1.4B WW? Again, no..... Because it's still the 7th biggest film of all time.

And trying to report anyone else's post about your behavior, isn't gonna help you......just so you know.

As far as I recall yes many thought Ultron was a disappointment and some argued against it.

Am happy to engage in the discussion without offensiveness hence why I reported your post. Not to 'help me' but because I don't think this is a respectful way of discussion. 

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

As far as I recall yes many thought Ultron was a disappointment and some argued against it.

Am happy to engage in the discussion without offensiveness hence why I reported your post. Not to 'help me' but because I don't think this is a respectful way of discussion. 

Lol.....

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or offensive....i'm just saying that you're going a bit too far with the disappointment-statement.

That's why i don't think many will take you seriously....if you keep doing that. I'm just saying the truth....you're taking this too personal.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Lol.....

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or offensive....i'm just saying that you're going a bit too far with the disappointment-statement.

That's why i don't think many will take you seriously....if you keep doing that. I'm just saying the truth....you're taking this too personal.

I took it personally because wheras others did say the film was a disappointment, including Inferus, Olive, firedeep, I received a post with calling me f*ing annoying and obnoxious because I said that I am disappointed in the box office and said it more than once.

Anyways, no harm done. I hope the film returns profit for DW, am not against it at all, but I expected far more for it mainly domestically and China.

Non Pixar and Non Disney need to succeed, it shouldn't be just Pixar that's successful. DW, Illumination and Sony all need to succeed so the animation market thrives.

I think DW made several mistakes with the film, as many pointed out, and it could have made more.

2 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

I took it personally because wheras others did say the film was a disappointment, including Inferus, Olive, firedeep, I received a post with calling me f*ing annoying and obnoxious because I said that I am disappointed in the box office and said it more than once.

Anyways, no harm done. I hope the film returns profit for DW, am not against it at all, but I expected far more for it mainly domestically and China.

Non Pixar and Non Disney need to succeed, it shouldn't be just Pixar that's successful. DW, Illumination and Sony all need to succeed so the animation market thrives.

I think DW made several mistakes with the film, as many pointed out, and it could have made more.

True...very true. :)

Also...I'm not saying YOU'RE annoying. I never said that "YOU" were annoying. You're a good guy. I like you a lot. I just said the "statements" you keep labeling movies as "financial failures".....that CAN GET annoying, not you, specifically. :lol:

cboo seems way off. Dont know what happened to that site. Olive used to say they were more accurate few months back.

for 8th it has 2.3% off screening count and 1.5% for peak hour screening count( 6-9PM). 2/3 of screenings are already alloted. Looking at pre-sales for 8th its obviously way lower than the screening count bcos Top 4 are openers. I would say still under 5% of screenings but sub optimal screens/timings. Plus dont know if it will lose premium screens like Imax? That means it will probably have only 2/3% of BO despite having close to 5% of screenings. At 600m overall BO that is looing at 12-18m on monday. I would say 250m post sunday is the likely outcome. Probably be around 750m on sunday(I am expecting sunday number to be bad based on Olive's post on theaters closing early or for the whole day).