A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

39 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

what is the actuals for Strange midnights. Looking at maoyan and cbooo it seems like it did lower than estimates yesterday .

At 130PM Maoyan gross is 32.66m yuan. Looking like a 70m OD for Strange.

Actuals will be given a few hours.The estimated number was higher than the real

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

what is the actuals for Strange midnights. Looking at maoyan and cbooo it seems like it did lower than estimates yesterday .

At 130PM Maoyan gross is 32.66m yuan. Looking like a 70m OD for Strange.

Is the midpoint number on OD really at 2pm? I would think its closer to 3pm and 80 mill

43 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Strange at 41.5m at 1600. It's running at 3m per hour which will increase after 1800. 

65-70m OD 

Maoyan rating is an excellent 9.1. 

I will still put my mouth and money on 75 because the last few hours it has been doing more like 3,5/hour..

But lets see what happens

52 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Strange at 41.5m at 1600. It's running at 3m per hour which will increase after 1800. 

65-70m OD 

Maoyan rating is an excellent 9.1. 

So, if it will run rather good (see other movies' release..., but still having very good WOM) something around or even above US$80m final?

I'm not up-to-date, but since Ant-Man the Chinese currency seems to have lost a bit in relation to the US$?

And the competition seems to be stronger too, so I do not see (after a very fast glance) it reaching the $105m BOM is reporting for Ant-Man in China.

31 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I will still put my mouth and money on 75 because the last few hours it has been doing more like 3,5/hour..

But lets see what happens

Was close to 4m the past hour and should bump to 5m soon. At 46m at 1700. Above 70m is possible

23 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

So, if it will run rather good (see other movies' release..., but still having very good WOM) something around or even above US$80m final?

I'm not up-to-date, but since Ant-Man the Chinese currency seems to have lost a bit in relation to the US$?

And the competition seems to be stronger too, so I do not see (after a very fast glance) it reaching the $105m BOM is reporting for Ant-Man in China.

2 releases next week will reduce shows. However, they only have 260k and 300k in PS so DS may have similar sized competition to AM's last year. 

AM bumped a large 40% on Saturday, very good after an OD. Beating AM will be tough but great WOM goes a long way. It will have to get close to 75m today, bump 40% tomorrow and the weekdays are going to have to hold better than -10% to have a shot.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ant-man did, if my data are correct, 671.74m Yuan, what means $99.3m with today ER.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fmpro said:

Is the midpoint number on OD really at 2pm? I would think its closer to 3pm and 80 mill

NP is probably the expert but OD number tend to be skewed towards presales. It started this morning around 20m and based on the trend seen 70m seems to be the norm which was confirmed by the numbers seen later. But there is no clear formula. Civil War did only 2.8x of presales while Apocalypse did around 3.4(NP did post about this few pages back).

For tomorrow it shoudl do 6x? of presales. So its looking at 20m persales at this point and so 120m saturday is a good number to expect at this point.

Sadly china BO has been so mediocre that we are splitting hairs here.

• Like 1

Friday Estimate:

Dr Strange: ¥81M/¥85M(Higher than Ant-man 's 80.8M)

Hide and Seek:¥12.2M/¥13M

Mr Donkey :¥7M/¥111M

Crayon Shin-chan:¥3.2M/¥3.2M

Operation Mekong: ¥2.6M/¥1161M

Inferno:¥2.3M/¥122M

Mechanic: Resurrection:¥2M/¥326M

Trolls: 0.53M/¥38.1M

• Like 13

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

NP is probably the expert but OD number tend to be skewed towards presales. It started this morning around 20m and based on the trend seen 70m seems to be the norm which was confirmed by the numbers seen later. But there is no clear formula. Civil War did only 2.8x of presales while Apocalypse did around 3.4(NP did post about this few pages back).

For tomorrow it shoudl do 6x? of presales. So its looking at 20m persales at this point and so 120m saturday is a good number to expect at this point.

Sadly china BO has been so mediocre that we are splitting hairs here.

Evening was very strong. Was double the daytime hourly rate. 

Should do 5x~ PS tomorrow

PS at 23m. 115m+/-5%. 

That's a 40%+ increase matching or beating AM. 

• Like 6