A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

BBee holding well today on track for a 260m week

Week1 558m

Week2 260m -53% WoW. Great weekly hold these frontloaded days.

Total    818m

It will need to hold -55% for the next 2 weeks to get to 1b/$147m

AQM still trying for 2B which is $290m in my book at 6.88 XR but Mojo will report at 6.77= $295m .  XR could still change before the last weekend report.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Ideally, DP 2 should have done $125-200mn in China IMO, but its long-delayed release and piracy would have done its job. Even if not piracy, it been over 6 months since the film was released digitally.

On Douban, there are 157k votes for the film with a rating of 7.5 as compared to 257k votes for Ant-Man and The Wasp. That's not a big difference for a film that wasn't released there, in other words, the film is already watched there.

also, the version to be released in China is PG13, which is rotten on RT.

Can Far From Home perform to the potential Spiderman movie in China. I mean, Spider-Man is much bigger than any superhero in that side of world. He is big in Japan ffs where superhero shit their pockets.

Homecoming was an underperformer IMO. Opening was good but legs were shit, had competition in week two, that's one reason IMO. Can Far From Home get over that and do $200mn plus there. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can Far From Home perform to the potential Spiderman movie in China. I mean, Spider-Man is much bigger than any superhero in that side of world. He is big in Japan ffs where superhero shit their pockets.

Homecoming was an underperformer IMO. Opening was good but legs were shit, had competition in week two, that's one reason IMO. Can Far From Home get over that and do $200mn plus there. 

Homecoming also had bad WoM in china and India. 

8 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Homecoming also had bad WoM in china and India. 

In India WOM was good, it had Jagga Jasoos, regional films and War from Planets of Apes in week 2 which meant a huge drop in week 2 and Dunkirk, Munna Michael in week 3.

1st week weekdays hold was good and it was heading for good run.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In India WOM was good, it had Jagga Jasoos, regional films and War from Planets of Apes in week 2 which meant a huge drop in week 2 and Dunkirk, Munna Michael in week 3.

1st week weekdays hold was good and it was heading for good run.

Not really. It had something like 80% on BMS. Social media was not kind towards it too. Even with good holds, I doubt it would have reached 90-100 crore, which is expected from a spidey film after spider man 3. 

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Not really. It had something like 80% on BMS. Social media was not kind towards it too. Even with good holds, I doubt it would have reached 90-100 crore, which is expected from a spidey film after spider man 3. 

The "Amazing Spiderman" series did damage so opening wasn't as big as it should have been which shouldn't be case here IMO. Also there wasn't much pre release positive hype for Tom Holland, which is in fact a positive now. Infinity War give it another boost. Having big expectations from this one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The "Amazing Spiderman" series did damage so opening wasn't as big as it should have been which shouldn't be case here IMO. Also there wasn't much pre release positive hype for Tom Holland, which is in fact a positive now. Infinity War give it another boost. Having big expectations from this one.

I agree with all of that, little less on infinity war part. It's still to be seen, if after endgame, mcu suffers or not.

After venom and AQ, expecting $200m from a Spidey movie in China is reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I agree with all of that, little less on infinity war part. It's still to be seen, if after endgame, mcu suffers or not.

After venom and AQ, expecting $200m from a Spidey movie in China is reasonable.

Infinity War in the sense, that I don't wanna go had best reception in snap scenes. Then even in fights spidey did well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

this one looks more interesting than HC. An increase is certain at least.