A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

12 hours ago, Premium George said:

I agree with all of that, little less on infinity war part. It's still to be seen, if after endgame, mcu suffers or not.

After venom and AQ, expecting $200m from a Spidey movie in China is reasonable.

not really only because AQ and Venom did well does not mean Spiderman does 200m. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Since Captain Marvel may/will release on Women's day, can it open close to ¥230mn ($32.5-35mn) opening day.

Women's Day is not natioal holiday, only half day for working ladies

5 minutes ago, Olive said:

Saying so because of last year, Bajrangi Bhaijaan doubled on Women's day from the previous day. Even Red Sea Operation jumped 80%. Say Captain Marvel would open to ¥135 million, +66% boost gives ¥225 million

Since Captain Marvel may/will release on Women's day, can it open close to ¥230mn ($32.5-35mn) opening day.

19 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Can Far From Home perform to the potential Spiderman movie in China. I mean, Spider-Man is much bigger than any superhero in that side of world. He is big in Japan ffs where superhero shit their pockets.

Homecoming was an underperformer IMO. Opening was good but legs were shit, had competition in week two, that's one reason IMO. Can Far From Home get over that and do $200mn plus there. 

Very unlikely.FFH might face The lion King,FF spin-off.Competition is too strong.

41 minutes ago, fmpro said:

BB looks to have an increase today 😯 Its holding fantastic this week and will no doubt win the coming weekend eventough there will be 6 new wide releases

1B is locked

what's AQM looking at right now. Any chance it holds on to 1% showtimes coming weekend?

40 minutes ago, a2k said:

what's AQM looking at right now. Any chance it holds on to 1% showtimes coming weekend?

It crosses 1,99B today but i cant find Aqua anywhere after friday

Looks like its out of theaters this weekend eventhough Maoyan predicts 2,01B

• Like 1

So what was 2018 total of the Chinese box office? North America is $11.89 Billion out of which the USA would be $10.7 Billion approx.

India 2018 is about $1.7 Billion, less than what Marvel films did but not much behind in the number of admissions at 950-1000 million approx.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I know. Thats why i wrote AFTER friday 😉

ok. i see you and raise you this page

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/movie/249342/boxshow

412 shows on saturday but no sales yet(not unlocked yet?), maybe that's why its not found on other pages.  

I think it can make 500k on friday and make 7m more to clear 2b.  Thatll be 296m on mojo at current xr of 6.76

Edited by POTUS

So what was 2018 total of the Chinese box office? North America is $11.89 Billion out of which the USA would be $10.7 Billion approx.

India 2018 is about $1.7 Billion, less than what Marvel films did but not much behind in the number of admissions at 950-1000 million approx.

6.096B yuan 

1.716B adm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

ok. i see you and raise you this page

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/movie/249342/boxshow

412 shows on saturday but no sales yet(not unlocked yet?), maybe that's why its not found on other pages.  

I think it can make 500k on friday and make 7m more to clear 2b.  Thatll be 296m on mojo at current xr of 6.76

I fold...