A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

The first 3D release set to open in China this year is Titanic 3D, in early April. No one -- not even the film's overseas distributor, Fox -- knows whether the new rules will be in place by then, but most studios believe they will by summer, which is primetime for 3D blockbusters. There's also no word on which 3D titles China will accept this year, but the choices include The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises, Brave, The Avengers, Men in Black III and Madagascar 3.

That sentence in bold is key. Studios will receive much more money if the new rules take effect by the summer.

I wonder why Madagascar 3 is still considered as part of the quota. Dreamworks Animation films still need to be screened and approved in order to be shown in China theaters?

Edited by Bluebomb

That sentence in bold is key. Studios will receive much more money if the new rules take effect by the summer.I wonder why Madagascar 3 is still considered as part of the quota. Dreamworks Animation films still need to be screened and approved in order to be shown in China theaters?

Avengers could be the first movie under the new rule

Becasue it is big enough to be banned.Youtube, facebook, twitter, blogger, google+, imdb ... all blocked in China. Even google itself cant function normally at times.

Wow no IMDB? How do you get your movie information? Does China have a comparable database or do you have to rely on what you can get from allowed forums?

Youtube is blocked in China by the government. We have proxy softwares to get the access, but only a limited amount of internet users know them.

Whaaaaaaaaaatt?!?!Sorry. i did not know that

Becasue it is big enough to be banned.Youtube, facebook, twitter, blogger, google+, imdb ... all blocked in China. Even google itself cant function normally at times.

I have no words for this