A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

EOT will be at 395m by Thursday, so if it retains even a few screens, it will reach 400m.Godzilla will be at 470m by Thursday. 500m could happen, but it will be tough.Maleficent will be at 190m by Thursday. 300m isn't gonna happen. 250m($40m) should happen though.

Okay number for Maleficent. Wish it could've been massive though.

It is good number for Maleficent.  Don't forget that she hurts the feeling of the Chinese people by her statement about Taiwan.  If I were them, I will boycott her movie. :rolleyes:   Overall, it is a good number! ;)

It is good number for Maleficent.  Don't forget that she hurts the feeling of the Chinese people by her statement about Taiwan.  If I were them, I will boycott her movie. :rolleyes:   Overall, it is a good number! ;)

what wrong with her statement.?

Thanks. that was insightful. Biggest superhero movie of the year, I'll take that.   B) Although I hope it does better than estimates, since TASM2 didn't drop that much in its fourth week compared to this estimate. Hoping for at least 60m.

Lol mad at you sky for wanting Spidey 2 to make tons of money OS...Lol I hated that film almost as much as Batman and Robin lol :P

How did you stomach that ending and some of the wacky storylines going all over the place. I also though they turned Peter into a snot nose punk instead of a loveable  but confident hero. Way too many wise cracks from Spidey in this film..

Also are you rooting for Optimus Prime OS and domestic.?

EOT will be at 395m by Thursday, so if it retains even a few screens, it will reach 400m.Godzilla will be at 470m by Thursday. 500m could happen, but it will be tough.Maleficent will be at 190m by Thursday. 300m isn't gonna happen. 250m($40m) should happen though.

Godzilla will rule ChiNA :)

Godzilla was a disapointment in China Kal-El compared to potential

Not reallly my friend , your forgetting Xmen and other films doing well over there and Transformers is about to hit.So anything 75-100+M is right up there with its potential. Take out Xmen and some of the competition Godzilla would have had a 120-150+M run..:)

Lol mad at you sky for wanting Spidey 2 to make tons of money OS...Lol I hated that film almost as much as Batman and Robin lol :P

How did you stomach that ending and some of the wacky storylines going all over the place. I also though they turned Peter into a snot nose punk instead of a loveable  but confident hero. Way too many wise cracks from Spidey in this film..

Also are you rooting for Optimus Prime OS and domestic.?

I was talking about DOFP, and comparing to TASM2 haha. 

Dunno about TF4, I'm generally meh about it.

• Like 1

I was talking about DOFP, and comparing to TASM2 haha. 

Dunno about TF4, I'm generally meh about it.

Oh lol. Yeah DOFP rocked, my 2nd favorite film of the year, Godzilla 3rd :). Capt2 the best film of the year in my eyes :).. What was yours.  Hope you get more excited as more trailers come out my friend. Im loving the scene of Optimus Riding Grimlock into  one hell of a fight.. .LOL Dinbots forever :P

Oh lol. Yeah DOFP rocked, my 2nd favorite film of the year, Godzilla 3rd :). Capt2 the best film of the year in my eyes :).. What was yours.  Hope you get more excited as more trailers come out my friend. Im loving the scene of Optimus Riding Grimlock into  one hell of a fight.. .LOL Dinbots forever :P

DOFP my fave of course, Cap 2 close second.  :wub:

• Like 2

Maleficent has already outgrossed Godzilla WW and will pass it in the US next week. The Chinese number is only adding to that. 

Posted Image

Well, I'm OK with any number as long as Maleficent doesn't pass DOFP (my favourite this year) ;)

Edited by tong kosong
  • Like 2