A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Not reallly my friend , your forgetting Xmen and other films doing well over there and Transformers is about to hit.So anything 75-100+M is right up there with its potential. Take out Xmen and some of the competition Godzilla would have had a 120-150+M run..:)

Godzilla is never getting near 100 mill Kal...Maybe 80 mill. TF4 will land in 4 days and cribble the big monster...Godzilla under 500 mill yuan is VERY disapointing IMOAnd again. Im comparing gross with potential
  • Like 1

TF3 becomes the first foreign film ever to do three premiers in China, all big and expensive: HongKong, Shanghai and Beijing. Bay, the producers and the cast basically are spending a whole week on their China tour from June 18 to June 24.Are they forgetting Europe or something ? ......

TF3 becomes the first foreign film ever to do three premiers in China, all big and expensive: HongKong, Shanghai and Beijing. Bay, the producers and the cast basically are spending a whole week on their China tour from June 18 to June 24. Are they forgetting Europe or something ? ......

The suits at Paramount are no dummies, they know China is where it'll be at in the future.

Under 500 mill yuan is under par for a 3D Godzilla mega budget monster film..

FM Pro how many films have made 80-100M. .Sorry guy that isnt a true statement.. Its only a handful of American films.

And most arent monster films. So I agree with everyone else that Godzilla doing 80-100+M in China is epic.. And alot of folks still think godzilla could do a 100 even with Optimus Prime. So you may  be wrong on that too FM :P

The suits at Paramount are no dummies, they know China is where it'll be at in the future.

Yep  I hop Godzilla hangs on to a nice share of the audience and still creeps to 90-100+M in China Bishop... FMPRo seems to be a  hater on Godzilla having success like Xmen in China I notice.. We need to send big G to nuke FMPRO buddy :P

Godzilla is never getting near 100 mill Kal...Maybe 80 mill. TF4 will land in 4 days and cribble the big monster...Godzilla under 500 mill yuan is VERY disapointing IMOAnd again. Im comparing gross with potential

Lol 85-90M you mean in China Minimum.. And up to 100+M is still possible.. :)

EOT will be at 395m by Thursday, so if it retains even a few screens, it will reach 400m.Godzilla will be at 470m by Thursday. 500m could happen, but it will be tough.Maleficent will be at 190m by Thursday. 300m isn't gonna happen. 250m($40m) should happen though.

Folks are predicting 85-110 M for Godzilla in China Fake. So  I dont think it will make less than 83-86M in China.

PS lets get one thing clear.. All these films cost way more than Godzilla and need to make oodles more to turn profit. Godzilla turned some profit around 380-400+ M :). 150-160M + a small advertising budget of 50-60M

Compare that to Spiderman 2 430-460M total costs, Xmen 200+M productin and 130-140M marketing.

So Godzilla is actually doing well for the first serious and well done  USA big budget production in most eyes.T

Though I had wanted at least 700M WW:P.. The sequel should definitely beat that mark though.

Edited by Superman001

FM Pro how many films have made 80-100M. .Sorry guy that isnt a true statement.. Its only a handful of American films.And most arent monster films. So I agree with everyone else that Godzilla doing 80-100+M in China is epic.. And alot of folks still think godzilla could do a 100 even with Optimus Prime. So you may be wrong on that too FM :P

Lol 85-90M you mean in China Minimum.. And up to 100+M is still possible.. :)

Folks are predicting 85-110 M for Godzilla in China Fake. So I dont think it will make less than 83-86M in China.PS lets get one thing clear.. All these films cost way more than Godzilla and need to make oodles more to turn profit. Godzilla turned some profit around 380-400+ M :). 150-160M + a small advertising budget of 50-60MCompare that to Spiderman 2 430-460M total costs, Xmen 200+M productin and 130-140M marketing.So Godzilla is actually doing well for the first serious and well done USA big budget production in most eyes.TThough I had wanted at least 700M WW:P.. The sequel should definitely beat that mark though.

Kal. Godzilla has Z as in Zero, E as in Erased, R as in Realitycheck, O as in Oh my god, chances to reach 100 mill US$If you knew Chinese BO you would know. Godzilla had a 14 day window and its closing wed.. its DONE!!!!And again Kal. Im comparing Godzilla's number to its original BO potential..The 80's million number itself is great Edited by fmpro

Kal. Godzilla has Z as in Zero, E as in Erased, R as in Realitycheck, O as in Oh my god, to reach 100 mill US$If you knew Chinese BO you would know. Godzilla had a 14 day window and its closing wed.. its DONE!!!!And again Kal. Im comparing Godzilla's number to its original BO potential..The 80's million number itself is great

Is TF4 seriously going to steamroll THAT BADLY?!

Folks are predicting 85-110 M for Godzilla in China Fake. So  I dont think it will make less than 83-86M in China.

PS lets get one thing clear.. All these films cost way more than Godzilla and need to make oodles more to turn profit. Godzilla turned some profit around 380-400+ M :). 150-160M + a small advertising budget of 50-60M

Compare that to Spiderman 2 430-460M total costs, Xmen 200+M productin and 130-140M marketing.

So Godzilla is actually doing well for the first serious and well done  USA big budget production in most eyes.T

Though I had wanted at least 700M WW:P.. The sequel should definitely beat that mark though.

X-Men marketing budget won't be much higher than that of godzilla, in fact tha marketing in belgium was better (more) for godzilla than for DOFP.

• Like 1