A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

18 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Jeffrey Lau needs to know when to let something go. No one will ever top Stephen Chow's performance as Monkey King in the previous Chinese Odysseys. He should let the series rest gracefully. Instead he filmed a movie and now a drama starring the blandest of actors.

Ya, I hope Chinese Odyssey 3 Flops. What a shame, disgrace. Literally in it for the money only, but I think it will earn big bucks simply because of the IP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Saturday numbers
Time Raiders 154m/353m

SLOP 41m/152m
Sweet Sixteen 23.5m/74.8m
Skiptrace 9.5m/838m
LOG 1.7m/276m  
Tarzan  0.7m/303m

what ? 

time raiders 353 m ? 

are yuo kiding me?

this is a bad movie from li 

18 minutes ago, ahadm8888 said:

what ? 

time raiders 353 m ? 

are yuo kiding me?

this is a bad movie from li 

China Fans care more about IP than anything else. Look at Warcraft. Its crazy. The next Transformers will earn big bucks too, regardless of how good/bad it is.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2016 at 6:30 PM, Polaroids said:

His martial arts is nothing but angling and show. Not much substance, technique or art. He's no Donnie Yen. The dude is also a huge drama queen which is a big turn off. Not a fan of Hangeng but he's not a bad actor so at least there's that.

Well, I agree to a certain degree. =)
Its hard to be Bruce, Jackie, Jet or Donnie. These 4 Cinematic Martial Artists are in a league of their own, hence they are international stars. But as you know, the 3 living ones command huge salary right now as their films' rights sell well overseas, always having numerous bidders at Cannes and for Jackie and Donnie especially, their schedules are so packed, one movie after another... So we start to see wanna-be(s), when movie companies and directors cannot get Jackie, Jet, Donnie.. they look for alternatives.

Stephen Chow(Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle) and Nicholas Tse(Dragon Tiger Gate) can pull Martial Arts movie off because they are at least well-trained and big fans of Bruce Lee, but I have seen others which are disgusting. Don't want to sound too harsh but I watched Eddie Peng in Rise of Legend, filled with stuntdoubles and all his movements looked so stiff and not fluid at all. Don't know how Han Geng will perform but I do hope Chinese Odyssey 3 flops because they are trying to ruin a classic here.

46 minutes ago, Olive said:

Sunday numbers
Time Raiders 125m/477m
SLOP 42.5m/194m
Sweet Sixteen 20.3m/74.1m
Skiptrace 10.3m/849m
LOG 1.9m/278m  
Tarzan  0.8m/303m

skiptrace up 

jackie is the legend 

I have a question?

Chinese people do not vote because Jackie Chan films in imdb ?

Skiptrace rate in imdb 6.4 just 550 vote

It is sad for me

And so other films by Jackie

Did Jackie Chan's love?

I am from iran

I am from childhood love Jackie Chan

and 

One of my dreams is to see Jackie Chan

:wub:

Jackie is the best

Rate film should up 8.5

If the Chinese people to score their films

Edited by ahadm8888

i finished to watch time raiders:

the CGI were really awful... outside that for a newcomer luhan acting wasn't bad ( i didn't watch his others films), JBR and most of cast were good, the actress was kinda useless even if i like her.
i wasn't that surprised of the success but because of  novels fans aren't that harsh to this film (not more that they are for most of novels adaptation film)... i will say much better than the serie with liyifeng and yang yang.

Edited by thomas-peters
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, thomas-peters said:

i finished to watch time raiders:

the CGI were really awful... outside that for a newcomer luhan acting wasn't bad ( i didn't watch his others films), JBR and most of cast were good, the actress was kinda useless even if i like her.
i wasn't that surprised of the success but because of  novels fans aren't that harsh to this film (not more that they are for most of novels adaptation film)... i will say much better than the serie with liyifeng and yang yang.

I saw a clip of Lu Han and he was bad and awkward. Jing Boran is a decent actor. It's a shame he chooses really bad movies. 

Did you read the reviews? The only ones giving it a positive review are fans of the actors. The movie is getting roasted all over Weibo and Douban.

6 hours ago, Polaroids said:

I saw a clip of Lu Han and he was bad and awkward. Jing Boran is a decent actor. It's a shame he chooses really bad movies. 

Did you read the reviews? The only ones giving it a positive review are fans of the actors. The movie is getting roasted all over Weibo and Douban.

Positive reviews aren't just from fans, but also movie critics, producers etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparklingeyes said:

Positive reviews aren't just from fans, but also movie critics, producers etc

Paid* movie critics. Are you ignoring the ridiculously low rating it has on all ticketing/movie platforms? An overwhelming majority hated the movie.

7 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Paid* movie critics. Are you ignoring the ridiculously low rating it has on all ticketing/movie platforms? An overwhelming majority hated the movie.

Well low ratings can be paid too if you say so. If you're looking at the ratings for other movies of the recent release, most of them have the similar rating or even lower.

so i guess "overwhelming majority" hated all those movies too.

• Like 1

Damn, the slop is doing well. What's your final projection, Olive?

I'd say:

280/290 by Thursday

75M on 2nd weekend, 360 total

90 on weekdays/2 + weekend/3, 450 total

Final: 465 (IA5 and Bourne open the following Tuesday)

• Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 7:22 PM, ahadm8888 said:

skiptrace up 

jackie is the legend 

I have a question?

Chinese people do not vote because Jackie Chan films in imdb ?

Skiptrace rate in imdb 6.4 just 550 vote

It is sad for me

And so other films by Jackie

Did Jackie Chan's love?

I am from iran

I am from childhood love Jackie Chan

and 

One of my dreams is to see Jackie Chan

:wub:

Jackie is the best

Rate film should up 8.5

If the Chinese people to score their films