A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

22 hours ago, Mrstickball said:

What are the next big movies to drop in China? Feels like other than Warcraft and The Mermaid, this year has been kind of muted, which is strange given how great last year was.

L.O.R.D. in September and The Great Wall and Railroad Tigers in December. Most of the huge blockbusters in production last year are set to release next year.

Question - who are the current A-list actors/actors with huge box office appeal?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Olive said:

Sunday est
League of Gods :54.5m/200m
Skiptrace 51.8m/733m
Tarzan 15m/277m
Doraemon 6.35m/9755m
Big Fish 3.55m/559m
CW2 3.4m/670m

Wait WHAT? I know I haven't been around here much but Doraemon at 9755M?!? 

Doesnt that make it the #1 movie... Worldwide this year?

edit, sorry, just noticed it was a typo :P

Edited by DAJK

17 hours ago, Polaroids said:

L.O.R.D. in September and The Great Wall and Railroad Tigers in December. Most of the huge blockbusters in production last year are set to release next year.

Question - who are the current A-list actors/actors with huge box office appeal?

There should be Andy Lau, Fan Bingbing, Jackie Chan, Aaron Kwok, Donnie Yen, Eddie Peng, Zhang Hanyu, Wang Baoqiang, Shu Qi, Chen Kun, Bai Baihe, Xu Zheng, Feng Shaofeng, Wu Jing, Zhang Jin, Mark Chao, and my fav Huang Bo and Deng Chao, If count some of the fresh meats Kris, Luhan, Jing Boran, Angelababy, Nini, Lin Gengxin, Li Yifeng, William Chan, Lin Yun,...

Edited by Lihongkim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

There should be Andy Lau, Fan Bingbing, Jackie Chan, Aaron Kwok, Donnie Yen, Eddie Peng, Zhang Hanyu, Wang Baoqiang, Shu Qi, Chen Kun, Bai Baihe, Xu Zheng, Feng Shaofeng, Wu Jing, Zhang Jin, Mark Chao, and my fav Huang Bo and Deng Chao, If count some of the fresh meats Kris, Luhan, Jing Boran, Angelababy, Nini, Lin Gengxin, Li Yifeng, William Chan, Lin Yun,...

Where is Chow Yun-Fat?

Actually, Chinese audience are more attached to IPs and directors than actors/actresses.

Monday est

Skiptrace 26.7m/761m

LOG 25.6M/227M

TARZAN 7.5m/285m

Tuesday showtimes
SLOP 25.5% (presales 6.3m, OD should be around 25-30M)

LOG 23.9%

Skiptrace 20%

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Olive said:

Actually, Chinese audience are more attached to IPs and directors than actors/actresses.

Monday est

Skiptrace 26.7m/761m

LOG 25.6M/227M

TARZAN 7.5m/285m

Tuesday showtimes

LOG 23.9%

Skiptrace 20%

thanks 

please m dolar skiptrance ?

37 minutes ago, Olive said:

Monday est

Skiptrace 26.7m/761m

LOG 25.6M/227M

TARZAN 7.5m/285m

Tuesday showtimes

LOG 23.9%

Skiptrace 20%

Is that good for Pets? Considering it's a Tuesday? How much can it make before Ice Age hits?

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Forget ice age. There are 2 big domestic openers this friday. 

Olive had mentioned earlier that it will still do decent (50+) because it will be the only kiddie film for 2-3 weeks until Ice Age and during the kids holidays...

So am wondering how much can we expect for it? Maybe it's a bit early to tell. If it gets above 22m, it will be over Zoo's OD (Friday) and Pets was a Tuesday (not that it will in any shape or form be big like Zoo of course)

Edited by MinaTakla

All this talk of "fudging" but no one should throw accusations unless they have concrete evidence IMO. It's so easy to accuse every film you don't like of being "fudged" but that won't make it true.

Sweet Sixteen looks more watchable than Time Raiders. I watched the trailer for the latter and aside from the bad acting of one of the actors, the CGI is one of the worst I've seen. So, so bad. It's hard to believe any money was actually spent for the effects because it's worse than the effects on Chinese dramas.

Edit - here's a trailer 

Edited by Polaroids

Movies have around 80% on-line ticket share on average, but for Never Gone it only had less than 50% after its OW, that's  concrete evidence of fudging.

After its 3rd weekend ,online sales dropped under 20%...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olive said:

Movies have around 80% on-line ticket share on average, but for Never Gone it only had less than 50% after its OW, that's  concrete evidence of fudging.

After its 3rd weekend ,online sales dropped under 20%...

No offense, Olive, but what I mean with concrete evidence is stone-hard evidence coming from SARFT that these movies participated in fudging (like for Ip Man). Otherwise it's just speculation. Even coming from you.

13 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Where is Chow Yun-Fat?

I don't like him. But you can count him in. He is still a huge star. His recent movie is so bad though. 

13 hours ago, Olive said:

Some original movie did so well tho. And young director is doing better than the old one. Lost in Thailand, Goodbye Mr. Loser, Breakup Buddies, Detective Chinatown,... It depends much on the plot after all. 

4 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Sweet Sixteen looks more watchable than Time Raiders. I watched the trailer for the latter and aside from the bad acting of one of the actors, the CGI is one of the worst I've seen. So, so bad. It's hard to believe any money was actually spent for the effects because it's worse than the effects on Chinese dramas.

The one you refer to isn't an actor, so bad acting as expected.

Despite fantasy genre is being popular in film / drama adaptation, Chinese CGI is still so poor. Chinese fantasy drama always has bad CGI. I can't think of the good one.