A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

This. 250K soldiers they have, not so many but very refined. And their weapons are highly advanced (they have great techs). Their navy can beat Chinese navy easily.

in your dream

unless Naval Air Force not counted as part of navy and Japs got any chance outmatch china in production of Aegis ADD in near future ,let alone SSN/Diesel-electric Sub fleet

Edited by rickfox

I didn't say that they had an army. Their mentality is more aggressive than China is what I said. Looking at history it tells us that Japan are more of a warring nation than China.

Their constitution prevents them from going to war, they are considered to be neutral. As I understand, they won't begin wars or join any, but will defend themselves if necessary.
  • Like 1

Their constitution prevents them from going to war, they are considered to be neutral. As I understand, they won't begin wars or join any, but will defend themselves if necessary.

Western countries will always justify their wars as self defence anyway, and it could do so in this case as well if China take the islands.

Any chance it could do the impossible and beat TDKR if that's where it is now?

In that case, very strong late legs must happen, which also means TE2 has to do at least $55M to match or beat TDKR. Hopefully the National Day Holiday (8 days) can boost it. And also, to do that, it should be at least $49M after this weekend. Slim chance. Edited by firedeep

Dang. I haven't caught PROM yet either. It's not on at my local cinema anymore. Need to go to the other cinemas to check.Saw TE2 for a 5th time tonight, though, and the cinema was packed. If it loses all the screens, or 90% of them, then that is either extremely bad business sense or insane patriotism by all cinema owners. It's still making good money.