A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

http://www.theage.co...1024-285n9.html

Bait is in our local papers for how well it is doing in China :P

They speak the right point:

''I think that success owes something to the fact that not many movies like this have been released in China before - movies like

Jaws

and even

Poseidon Adventure

haven't really been seen by most people there.''

A sequel to this is planned.

Milla Jovovich‘s RE5 looks not getting a 2012 release but her DTV movie Faces in the Crowd will be released on Nov. 13.

If this is true, then I won't be happy! Why can't it get released in November, I don't think there's any big 3D films coming out, so there shouldn't be any problem? It has a date of November 1st on Entgroup, and with Afterlife they announced that very close to the date as well, so we'll have to wait and see.

If this is true, then I won't be happy! Why can't it get released in November, I don't think there's any big 3D films coming out, so there shouldn't be any problem? It has a date of November 1st on Entgroup, and with Afterlife they announced that very close to the date as well, so we'll have to wait and see.

You are totally lost here, man.This year's 34 quota for revenue sharing movies is full. And the rule is not going to change for next few years... Not to mention this Nov. is aready full of 3D movies (check the schedule at the first post of this page).I think RE5 will go to Jan 2013 or even March..

Midnight gross for TBL was very close to that of Total Recall (0.26M yuan).

Weekday update:

Mon

Total Recall $1.03m

Bait $0.68m

Tue

Total Recall $1.12m

BD1 $0.71m

Bait $0.6m

Mon

Total Recall $1.03m

Bait $0.68m

Tue

Total Recall $1.12m

BD1 $0.71m

Bait $0.6m

Wed

Total Recall $0.9m

Thursday looks like TBL (OD) $2.2m TR $0.6m

So also a moderate performance for TBL.

http://chinafilmbiz.com/2012/10/23/life-of-pi-rounds-up-final-china-rev-share-slot-of-2012/

‘Life of Pi’ Rounds Up Final China Rev-Share Slot of 2012

A big strike against Life of Pi’s China prospects is that it will have a narrow window in which to release. The film goes out wide in the U.S. on November 21st, and since SARFT will impose another blackout on foreign films in December, the Ang Li picture will have to go pretty much day-and-date in China if it is to make any waves there. The film’s release will also be hampered by torrid competition from other imports, with The Bourne Legacy, Roland Emmerich’s 2012 3D re-release, Rise of the Guardians, Wreck-it Ralph, Twilight Breaking Dawn 1, and South Korea’s Deranged all expected to debut in late October and November (the distributors of all these films will be relieved that Resident Evil 5 will not be releasing). Throw in the Chinese blockbusters Taichi II and Feng Xiaogang’s Back to 1942 and you’ve got the makings of a wild and wooly November.

• Like 1