A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Nothing like anything about Weibo Ban on Sony - It's social media is still available.

Also, nothing serious. If anything is happening.. it's not like Mainland User wouldn't forget to post.

Again, Everything is just fine as per my sources.

This is just a test. Marvel getting hit back again only if there are issues with their content. Things are always fine till they cut as recommended by CFA &doesn't play politics (Anti CCP message....)

Sony’s account is still available on Weibo but they have been banned indefinitely from posting anything new. Clearly, there is bad blood between Sony and the Chinese government. How that’s going to affect future releases remains to be seen but if i was a betting man I wouldn’t be so positive on Spiderman securing a release in China for the foreseeable future. 

Also on an unrelated note, Sony has recently moved over 90% of its production out of China. I think the decision to ban Sony may be partly related to that but that’s just me. 

27 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

How that’s going to affect future releases remains to be seen but if i was a betting man I wouldn’t be so positive on Spiderman securing a release in China for the foreseeable future. 

2022 Japanese Anime Film "Dragon Ball Super: Super Heroes on Jan 6, 2023

2022 French Film "The Son" on Feb 24, 2023.

All distributed by Sony. The post appeared on electronic acc. But, Film based Weibo is still promoting "The Son". So everything seems fine according to me.

If things were severed, I couldn't see them getting rights to distribute "The Son" here.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

2022 Japanese Anime Film "Dragon Ball Super: Super Heroes on Jan 6, 2023

2022 French Film "The Son" on Feb 24, 2023.

All distributed by Sony. The post appeared on electronic acc. But, Film based Weibo is still promoting "The Son". So everything seems fine according to me.

If things were severed, I couldn't see them getting rights to distribute "The Son" here.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, LPLC said:

Sheldon often says nonsense but he's so funny (I love it when he puts his Avatar quotes at the end of his posts like James Cameron is paying him).

Sheldon is one of the greatest users of this forum.

Edited by Flamengo81
  • Like 1