A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

What is a protection month ?

The turtles look like ape mutations in your signature. I am not a fan of this show so I find it funny that the turtles stand on two legs :P

No foreign releases are allowed for a full month starting this weekend I think. So till late-August there are no Hollywood movies releasing.

No foreign releases are allowed for a full month starting this weekend I think. So till late-August there are no Hollywood movies releasing.

protection month started already, last weekend!  This is why last weekend TF4 showtimes only around 10% in China.

Edited by A K A

The updated official number is still 286.6m.....

If the updated official numbers has crossed $300M in China then I don't think Paramount will have any new headline for TF4 this coming weekend!  You still didn't see through Paramount's plan?  Since TF4 opened, TF4 grabbed all the headline everyweek!  If Paramount announce China have crossed $300M and Brazil opened huge both at the same time last weekend, then Paramount will not have any headline for this coming weekend, isn't it?  

Edited by A K A

That's not exactly a motive.Grosses have been stolen in the past, maybe they are doing so again. i think grosses from TF3 were stolen too.

Also, once Paramount announce TF4 crosses $300M in China this coming weekend, then anymore after that in China is just gravy. TF4 is a huge success in China already! 

Edited by A K A

Nah, It has nothing to do with stealing .... it just seems Paramount donot care to report the right numbers (to the Western media).

But why would they report 286m?.... that was achieved on Tuesday itself. I am curious to see what they report this weekend. Anyway, is the extension 100% not happening? With extension, it had a shot at 2b mark. After Sunday it would be at around 1.96b.

But why would they report 286m?.... that was achieved on Tuesday itself.I am curious to see what they report this weekend.Anyway, is the extension 100% not happening? With extension, it had a shot at 2b mark. After Sunday it would be at around 1.96b.

uh, still not know ....

China Box Office: Local Sensation ‘Tiny Times 3.0’ Knocks 'Transformers 4' Off Top Spot. The latest film in the tween franchise beat out "Transformers 4," which has crossed the $300 million box-office mark in the world's second-largest movie market. -THR

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-local-sensation-720189

China Box Office: Big Time for ‘Tiny Times 3,’ as ‘Transformers 4′ Passes $300 million - Variety

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/china-box-office-big-time-for-tiny-times-3-as-transformers-4-passes-300-million-1201266326/

Edited by A K A
  • Like 2

China Box Office: Local Sensation ‘Tiny Times 3.0’ Knocks 'Transformers 4' Off Top Spot. The latest film in the tween franchise beat out "Transformers 4," which has crossed the $300 million box-office mark in the world's second-largest movie market. -THR

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-local-sensation-720189

China Box Office: Big Time for ‘Tiny Times 3,’ as ‘Transformers 4′ Passes $300 million - Variety

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/china-box-office-big-time-for-tiny-times-3-as-transformers-4-passes-300-million-1201266326/

Wait . Malef is still playing?

Roco Kingdom took another $2.10 million to bring its cume to $7.05 million, and Maleficent was only the second Hollywood movie still in the top 10, taking another $1.23 million to help its gross in China to $47.72 million.
Edited by jj99
  • Like 1