A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I bought my ticket a week before the showing 

its reasonable for such a FX/prod design driven movie where its necessary to have better seats (IMAX especially)

could def mean less walk in business (like who'd want to seat in the 1st row??)

Edited by Lady of Lorien

If presales with Wanda Cinemas are 300% better than DOFP, which took $11m on OD, then perhaps surely Hobbit should be heading closer to $20m OD. Alongside the Wanda and Gewara numbers, seems to be pointing towards BIG OD.

If it does 8x$20m, that would be $160m total gross. A billion WW could be on the cards again.

108241 tickets now, going up faster with 3 hours remaining.

Edited by MonstersandRoy

That would be amazing (higher what I had predicted 3 years ago for first Hobbit, when I was thinking in 1.5 billion for each film  :ph34r: ). But I prefer to still be cautious.

I think Gewara presales will finish with about 125k-130k. To think that some days ago we were saying that a good target would be 60k...

• Like 2

That would be amazing (higher what I had predicted 3 years ago for first Hobbit, when I was thinking in 1.5 billion for each film  :ph34r: ). But I prefer to still be cautious.

I think Gewara presales will finish with about 125k-130k. To think that some days ago we were saying that a good target would be 60k...

Haha, I know yeah. When 250 tickets had sold for like the first day/half day, it seemed a lot more doom and gloom.

I think 15M OD is definitely possible, 20M no way.

Ah, so that would put it back to the $120m sort of predictions many had been making. Presuming 8x multiplyer. I've seen predictions from $90m to $180m on here so far over past days :).

110441 now.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 1

I've seen predictions from $90m to $180m on here so far  :).

its reminds me of some of our weathermen predicting the weather here for today "from -3 to -25" degrees  :lol:

so lets say it makes 14 the total would be exactly 112 mil

around 115 - what most are predicting

edit:

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1