A Dangerous Method

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade A Dangerous Method

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The film's alternative title: How to take an interesting subject matter and make it lifeless and dull. I'm SHOCKED that Cronenberg directed this. Christopher Hampton's script is awful, the central conflicts of the film are handled in the dullest way possible that it's hard to care about any of them.And the performances, oh my God, if there was any justice Keira Knightley would receive a Razzie award. She's totally OTT in a way that's painful to watch, whenever she went all crazy and showed off her gigantic jaw it took me right out of the movie because of how hilariously bad it all was. Thankfully she tones it down as the film goes on, but when she's more sane I didn't feel any emotion coming out of the performance. Seemed like she was trying WAY too hard to maintain her Russian accent.And I should say that I usally love Michael Fassbender as an actor, but he was a plank of wood in this, it was hard to care about anything his character did. Thankfully Viggo Mortensen was totally BRILLIANT as Freud, He was so dry! And he pretty much walks away with the movie since he's the only good thing about it. shame he's not in it as long as I'd hoped.

• Like 2

Shame that KK`s jaw-jutting antics will most likely earn her the Oscar nom cause AMPAS adore scenery chewing of the highest order.Your review is pretty much in line with what everyone is saying whether openly or in roundabout way - it`s a boring as fuck movie.

Yes, thank God Viggo was in this. He made it tolerable. Knightley was unbearable. Fassy was alright. No point. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzOh, and the scene where Fassy spanks Knightley to pleasure: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The film's alternative title: How to take an interesting subject matter and make it lifeless and dull. I'm SHOCKED that Cronenberg directed this. Christopher Hampton's script is awful, the central conflicts of the film are handled in the dullest way possible that it's hard to care about any of them.

And the performances, oh my God, if there was any justice Keira Knightley would receive a Razzie award. She's totally OTT in a way that's painful to watch, whenever she went all crazy and showed off her gigantic jaw it took me right out of the movie because of how hilariously bad it all was. Thankfully she tones it down as the film goes on, but when she's more sane I didn't feel any emotion coming out of the performance. Seemed like she was trying WAY too hard to maintain her Russian accent.

And I should say that I usally love Michael Fassbender as an actor, but he was a plank of wood in this, it was hard to care about anything his character did. Thankfully Viggo Mortensen was totally BRILLIANT as Freud, He was so dry! And he pretty much walks away with the movie since he's the only good thing about it. shame he's not in it as long as I'd hoped.

This.........on basically all accounts. Particularly agree with Knightley, that was an absolutely awful performance, and made the beginning of the film hard to sit through.

C+/C