Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Director: Guillermo Del Toro
Writer: Travis Beacham and Del Toro (Draft/Story); Screenplay: Zak Penn and Del Toro

Producer(s): Thomas Tull, Jon Jashn, Guillermo del Toro, Mary Parent and Callum Greene

Executive Producer: Jillian Share

Distributor: Warner Bros.

Starring:

Charlie Day

Burn Gorman

Production Design begins in August.

Pre-Production in August/September 2015

Filming begins in November/December 2015
___________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS
Guillermo del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM and PACIFIC RIM 2; Discusses the First Trailer, 3D Conversion, Whether He’d Move Directly on to the Sequel, and More
'Pacific Rim' Sequel Already in the Works with Writer Travis Beacham
For Del Toro, Which Comes First: Crimson Peak or Pacific Rim 2?
Interview: Guillermo del Toro Talks 'Mama,' 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' & What Happened To His Disney Double Dare You Shingle

Guillermo del Toro updates on Crimson Peak and Pacific Rim 2

Guillermo del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM 2, Prepping THE STRAIN TV Series, CRIMSON PEAK, and Other Future Projects at WonderCon

Epic New PACIFIC RIM TV Spot Released; Guillermo Del Toro On Ideas For A Sequel

Writer Travis Beacham Talks about the Graphic Novel PACIFIC RIM: TALES FROM YEAR ZERO, Showcasing the Film’s World, PACIFIC RIM 2, and More

Pacific Rim Screenwriter Travis Beacham on the Prequel Novel & Origins of the Robots and Monsters

Del Toro and Tull on the Future of Pacific Rim and How It Differs From Godzilla

From the Set of Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim

‘Pacific Rim 2′ Mapped Out But Dependent on ‘Pacific Rim’ Box Office Success

Guillermo Del Toro reveals plans for Pacific Rim sequel

Guillermo del Toro on Monsters, Robots, and Why 'Pacific Rim' Saved His Life

'Pacific Rim 2'? Director Already Has 'A Couple Of Things' In Mind

Charlie Day Talks What Might Have Been in Pacific Rim 2

Guillermo del Toro on the Pacific Rim Blu-ray, Frankenstein, and His Cabinet of Curiosities

Bam! Pow! Zap! Get Up to Speed on 'Guardians of the Galaxy'; Plus 'Pacific Rim 2'?

Could The PACIFIC RIM Sequel Actually Be A Prequel?

Legendary’s Thomas Tull Offers Trick ‘r Treat 2, Pacific Rim 2 Updates

Legendary Pictures to sit down with Guillermo del Toro and discuss Pacific Rim 2

Pacific Rim 2 Confirmed: Guillermo Del Toro Mecha Movie Sequel Inspired By Voltron As Rumors Spread Of Jaegers Combining To Form Super Robot!

IAR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Producer Thomas Tull Talks 'Godzilla,' 'Pacific Rim 2,' 'Warcraft' and 'Jurassic World'

“Pacific Rim 2” Script In The Works, Says Guillermo del Toro

Guillermo Del Toro's ‘Pacific Rim 2' Lands 2017 Release Date (Video)

Guillermo Del Toro on ‘Pacific Rim 2,’ ‘At the Mountains of Madness’ and More

Guillermo del Toro on Hardcore Gothic ‘Crimson Peak’ and ‘Pacific Rim 2’

'Pacific Rim 2': Charlie Hunnam feels a 'healthy level of enthusiasm'

Pacific Rim 2 To Showcase More Of Kaiju World

Del Toro at Comic-Con 2014

Comic-Con: Guillermo del Toro talks ‘Crimson Peak,’ ‘Pacific Rim 2′

Pacific Rim 2 To Film In Late 2015; Guillermo Del Toro Hopeful For Pacific Rim 3

Guillermo del Toro Says PACIFIC RIM 2 Begins a Few Years After PACIFIC RIM in a Kaiju-Free World; Charlie Day and Burn Gorman to Return

GDT:

We certainly started tossing ideas for possibilities of a sequel and Travis Beacham and I are writing a proposal of ideas, but at the same time I know I don’t want to do that next. I want to do something else, I want to do something in a different genre that’s not so big. So I don’t know yet what it’s gonna be, but I know that next year I’m delivering Pacific Rim in July and then I’m doing—God willing—the voice shooting for Pinocchio and then the pilot for The Strain for FX.

OPENING WEEKEND

DOMESTIC

Captain Jack Sparrow: 130M

SentryTrans: 100M

TLK: 100M

CJohn: 70M

Lex Joker: 60M

OVERSEAS

SentryTrans: 600M

Captain Jack Sparrow: 450M

Fake: 200M

WORLDWIDE

Captain Jack Sparrow: 580M

ASIA

SentryTrans: 450M

CHINA

SentryTrans: 300M

TLK: 200M+

Fake: 150M

Edited by Neo

Really?......................................

what's the point of talking about a sequel to a movie that hasn't even come out yet?

Really? Happens all the time, then the movie comes out and the sequel moves forward or stalls out.
  • Like 1

You're in the very early stages of a "Pacific Rim" sequel. If you do that would you shoot it in native 3D?

Yes. Provided, at that point, that the technology is becoming easier and easier…

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/interview-guillermo-del-toro-talks-mama-pacific-rim-crimson-peak-dreamworks-and-what-happened-to-his-disney-double-dare-you-shingle-20130115?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&page=2#blogPostHeaderPanel

Travis [Beacham, co-writer] and I have been working on it. We co-wrote the screenplay on this first one, and now we’re hard at workat doing the second one. We want to take however long it takes to really find out the idea and try to bridge something that really makesthe mythology roll. And in the meantime, I’m going to shoot Crimson Peak, which is a ghost story. The great thing about Legendary is they’re willing to take it to completion in the right way. They’re giving us the leeway. Imagine that we’re generating the comic book. We’re learning more about the [Pacific Rim] world we’re creating day by day.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/guillermo-del-toro-updates-on-crimson-peak-and-pacific-rim-2

We pitched a pretty good outline to Legendary several weeks ago, and they loved it, so Travis and I, as soon as we land this monster (no pun intended) into the screen, we will start actively working on the script.  The outline was basically approved.

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-2-crimson-peak-guillermo-del-toro-interview/

Video Interview (Starts @10:00)

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-2-sequel-guillermo-del-toro-interview/

Edited by Neo

The idea [with the sequel] is to explore a little bit of that. I won’t spoil it, but I don’t think we’ll repeat a single beat from the first movie.

It will take us a while to develop. I don’t think the screenplay will come out so quick. It took us a year and a half to do this script, and It’ll take us at least two years to develop the other script.

While Del Toro is co-writing the sequel with Travis Beachman, he isn't guaranteed to return to the director's chair. Sequel would focus more on the Kaiju and the anteverse. Dependent on script if he will do the sequel.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=79922

Looking at the earliest 2017 for the sequel.

Edited by Neo