Blankments

Blankments' Reviews, Y5 (Top 25 Completed!)

On October 9, I released a great film. That film was...

9. The Fault in Our Stars

It's my own film, and Robb and Henrie carry the tearjerker well. 9/10

And, on October 29, a great film was put out in limited release. That film was...

11. Empty Hearth

See my review. 8.5/10

At the very beginning of November, on the 5th, two great movies were released. They were...

25. Catharasis

I'm not much of a Malick guy, but this sneaked onto my list thanks to it being, well, a good Malick flick. :P 8/10

And...

23. Dragon Age: Onslaught

See my review. 8/10

The following week, November 12, gave us a cinematic masterpiece that will be remembered for years to come...

20. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass

It's a movie about Santa Claus as an Ultimate Badass. 'Nuff said. 8/10

• Like 2

I'm only going to talk about one weekend in December, the weekend of the 10th. Two fantastic movies were released that weekend, and they were...

21. The Affair

An exciting thriller with a great performance by Thomas Jane. 8/10

And...

12. Edward Tulane

I remember reading the book a long time ago, and Anderson, though a very unorthodox director for the material, does a great job with the film, and Weaving gives a winning vocal performance as the lead. 8.5/10

What is my top five? Find out in a half hour! :D

12. Edward Tulane

I remember reading the book a long time ago, and Anderson, though a very unorthodox director for the material, does a great job with the film, and Weaving gives a winning vocal performance as the lead. 8.5/10

:D

I have a question; do you think that Hugo Weaving could win Best Voice Actor?

TIME FOR MY TOP 5.

5. Hindenburg

Released on July 2, go see my review. 9.5/10

4. The Dogs of Babel

Released on October 29, it's my film, and it's the best adaptation of the year and probably the best overall film I've done so far in CAYOM. 9.5/10

3. Dawn of Oblivion

Released on December 17, go see my review. 9.5/10

2. The Eccentric Minds of Belmond Lane

Released on November 24, this was a great movie, with lovable characters and, overall, a phenomenal story. 9.5/10

1. Oro

Released on April 30, a return to form for Spielberg, Oro succeeds for thrilling action scenes, gorgeous cinematography, and a great cast. 10/10

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3

My entire list:

1. Oro2. The Eccentric Minds of Belmond Lane3. Dawn of Oblivion4. The Dogs of Babel5. Hindenburg6. The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones7. Shiverin’ Gulch8. Nonexistence9. The Fault in Our Stars10. The Career Buster11. Empty Hearth12. Edward Tulane13. The Shark Mutiny14. The Very Last First Time15. The Next Dimension16. Khanh Bernarda Alba17. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot18. Chris Smith and the Island of Dinosaurs19. Some Assembly Required20. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass21. The Affair22. Candlelight23. Dragon Age: Onslaught24. The Men of the Night25. Catharasis

And, as always, a not-counting list that's completely Blank-free.

1. Oro2. The Eccentric Minds of Belmond Lane3. Dawn of Oblivion4. Hindenburg5. The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones6. Nonexistence7. The Career Buster8. Empty Hearth9. Edward Tulane10. The Shark Mutiny11. The Very Last First Time12. The Next Dimension13. Chris Smith and the Island of Dinosaurs14. Some Assembly Required15. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass16. The Affair17. Candlelight18. Dragon Age: Onslaught19. The Men of the Night20. Catharasis21. Time Lapse: 8/1022. Worlds Apart: 8/1023. Past Tense: 7.5/1024. Corso: 7.5/1025. Psychonauts: 7.5/10

• Like 1

No I don't. I won last year and The Shark Mutiny was never intended to be a BP frontrunner. First in the Nation would have been my horse in the race if my laptop hadn't gotten ornery on me and stopped me from finishing it.I just want an actual great film to win BP.

No I don't. I won last year and The Shark Mutiny was never intended to be a BP frontrunner. First in the Nation would have been my horse in the race if my laptop hadn't gotten ornery on me and stopped me from finishing it.I just want an actual great film to win BP.

I thought it was pretty good. But that being said this year's top wasn't all that good. I didn't give a single objective-ish 10 this year. There were two 9.5s and those were the two highest. Dawn might not make my BP nom list because there's 1 or 2 films ranked slightly below it that I kinda want to see some awards traction for but might not get it. Edited by riczhang