Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Why you guys all seem to know this movie so well ... I still have no idea what this is about.  <_<

It's not based on any existed property, is it ?

It's being talked about a lot on this PR press tour. Mostly by Hunnam who can't seem to keep his mouth shut about playing against type lol. Del Toro also described the film and compared it to Wuthering Heights (but with ghosts) and Daphne Du Maurier. 

• Like 1

Why you guys all seem to know this movie so well ... I still have no idea what this is about.  <_<

It's not based on any existed property, is it ?

I don't know it well at all. Just picking up bits and pieces here and there. It's a gothic romance in the Bronte sense that takes place at the turn of the century (I assume 20th) where a woman finds out her husband is not who he appears to be.

That's all I know.

• Like 1

It's being talked about a lot on this PR press tour. Mostly by Hunnam who can't seem to keep his mouth shut about playing against type lol. Del Toro also described the film and compared it to Wuthering Heights (but with ghosts) and Daphne Du Maurier. 

I love all the Bronte sisters work and just love Daphne Du Maurier. Rebecca is one of the best stories ever.

I believe Guillermo’s doing a haunted house movie.  You may or may not be involved.

HUNNAM: I am involved, Crimson Peak.

Exactly, when is it filming?  What do you know about it?

HUNNAM: We’re going to start filming in early spring of next year and it’s kind of a Jane Austen type of haunted house ghost story.  It’s wonderful kind of collaborating with a director.  I was so proud, and pleased, and honored when Guillermo asked me to come and star in another movie right after we finished this one.  I’ve always kind of dreamed of having a long standing collaboration with a filmmaker like that, and god there’s no one – I mean, I hit the lottery with Guillermo.  But it’s funny he kind of saw something in me that I felt like I would be able to do that I don’t think many people would really consider me for, which was really also kind of sweet and made me feel really proud.  He’s a totally different character than I’ve ever played.  He’s a very kind of quiet, shy, thoughtful kind of stoic, taciturn, very learned guy who is madly in love with the female hero, but she just can’t even see him because Benedict Cumberbatch, this larger than life swashbuckling ladies’ man, shits all over my love and makes it unrequited.

http://collider.com/charlie-hunnam-pacific-rim-crisom-peak-interview/

He's said this a few times in multiple interviews... clearly he's kind of excited about playing the nice guy for once. lol.

• Like 1

I don't know it well at all. Just picking up bits and pieces here and there. It's a gothic romance in the Bronte sense that takes place at the turn of the century (I assume 20th) where a woman finds out her husband is not who he appears to be.

That's all I know.

It happens around 1900 ?

It happens around 1900 ?

"Turn of the century" usually refers to 1900-ish, at least in popular use. 

Other stuff we know: 

-Wasikowska plays a young author who discovers that her charming new husband isn't who he appears to be. Given Hunnam's quotes, I'd wager Cumberbatch is the husband while Hunnam is probably a friend who has a crush on her. 

-Cumberbatch and Chastain are playing brother/sister from an aristocratic family. 

-First part of the film takes place in America, then moves to England. Also it starts out as a love story but then becomes dark. 

-It's R-rated. 

• Like 3

"Turn of the century" usually refers to 1900-ish, at least in popular use. 

Other stuff we know: 

-Wasikowska plays a young author who discovers that her charming new husband isn't who he appears to be. Given Hunnam's quotes, I'd wager Cumberbatch is the husband while Hunnam is probably a friend who has a crush on her. 

-Cumberbatch and Chastain are playing brother/sister from an aristocratic family. 

-First part of the film takes place in America, then moves to England. Also it starts out as a love story but then becomes dark. 

-It's R-rated. 

Cool. But I prefer a modern age story ...

• Like 1