Walt Disney

Vote: Top 25 Animated Films of All-Time

This vote is for the top 25 animated films of all-time. The animated film can be hand drawn or computer animated. You can submit your ballot by PM'ing it to me or by posting it in this thread. The scoring system will be 25 points for your first place vote, 24 points for your 2nd place vote, etc.The rules:- this is for full length animated features. Therefore, only animated films with a run time of an hour or more will be eligible. Stand alone shorts are not allowed. However, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is allowed (despite being 3 bundled short stories).-the animated film must have been released in the movie theaters (no direct to DVD movies or sequels).-the animated film must have been released in the movie theaters in the United States. Therefore, anime that was not released in the U.S. is not allowed.-the animated film needs to be mostly animated, but it does not have to be fully animated. So Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Cool World are allowed to be voted on. The animated film can be based on a TV show, so Duck Tales: The Movie and Jetsons: The Movie are allowed to be voted on.-films with only a little animation like The Last Action Hero or Enchanted are not allowed.The deadline to vote will be January 6 at 11:59 pm eastern. You do not have to vote for all 25 animated films if you can't think of that many great ones. It is okay to submit a ballot with as few animated films as you would like to.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

-the animated film must have been released in the movie theaters in the United States. Therefore, anime that was not released in the U.S. is not allowed.

This is a bummer, there are some great Ghibli films that never made it to theatres in the US, most prominently Grave of the Fireflies.

Only 25 :(Not that I want to vote for it for where do you stand with regards to films like Final Fantasy or Beowolf on the animated / not animated front as they are severely Computerified.Edited to also ask about Chicken Run or Wallace and Gromit?

Edited by chasmmi

This is a bummer, there are some great Ghibli films that never made it to theatres in the US, most prominently Grave of the Fireflies.

Do agree with this even though I understand the rule. Considering the prominence of Anime its a shame it would be too awkward to allow either a US or Japanese cinema release.

Only 25 :(Not that I want to vote for it for where do you stand with regards to films like Final Fantasy or Beowolf on the animated / not animated front as they are severely Computerified.Edited to also ask about Chicken Run or Wallace and Gromit?

Final Fantasy and Beowolf both do not qualify as animated films for this list. They are more live action films that rely heavily on special effects.Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit are both qualified and are eligible to be voted on.The reason why I kept it as a top 25 is because the voter turn out is better. The top Scores list had more voters than the top Songs list, and I think the reason is that it was only a top 25. There are a lot of hardcore animation fans on this site, so I want to encourage them to participate. Hopefully a top 25 list will do that.

[*]Jungle Book

[*]Aladdin

[*]Toy Story 2

[*]Lion King

[*]Kung Fu Panda 2

[*]South Park

[*]Shrek 2

[*]Incredibles

[*]Toy Story

[*]Who Framed Roger Rabbit

[*]Shrek

[*]Beauty and the Beast

[*]Tangled

[*]Road to Eldorado

[*]Kung Fu Panda

[*]Simpsons

[*]The Rescuers

[*]Sword in The Stone

[*]Space Jam

[*]Spirited Away

[*]Toy Story 3

[*]Land Before Time

[*]An American Tale

[*]Robin Hood

[*]Puss In Boots

Reserve 1 Chicken Run

Reserve 2: 101 Dalmations

Reserve 3 Ratatouille

(The 2 reserves are due do not knowing wheter BFG or Spirited Away qualify on the US release rule)

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1

(The 2 reserves are due do not knowing wheter BFG or Spirited Away qualify on the US release rule)

Spirited Away does qualify. Disney distributed a few Ghibli films in the U.S.

I am not sure what BFG stands for though. If BFG means The BFG (Big Friendly Giant), then it wouldn't qualify and I will adjust accordingly. If BFG stands for another animated film, then let me know.

Edited by Walt Disney

1. Wall-E2. The Incredibles3. Rataouille4. Monsters Inc.5. Up6. The Polar Express7. Happy Feet8. Brave9. Surf's Up10. Toy Story 311. Kung Fu Panda 212. South Park13. Corpse Bride14. Meet the Robinsons15. Shrek 216. Kung Fu Panda17. Simpsons The Movie18. Toy Story 2 19. Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit 20. Sleeping Beauty21. Chicken Run22. Ice Age 223. Tangled24. Mars Needs Moms25. Rango

• Like 1

My Ballot:

[*]Peter Pan

[*]Pinocchio

[*]101 Dalmatians

[*]Aladdin

[*]Robin Hood

[*]Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp

[*]Dumbo

[*]The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

[*]The Nightmare Before Christmas

[*]Bambi

[*]Cinderella

[*]Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

[*]Sleeping Beauty

[*]Beauty and the Beast

[*]Lady and the Tramp

[*]Tangled

[*]The Princess and the Frog

[*]Toy Story 3

[*]The Lion King

[*]Toy Story

[*]The Fox and the Hound

[*]Shrek Forever After

[*]Monsters Inc.

[*]Finding Nemo

Note: I have not seen Wreck It Ralph yet. I am sure when i do that it would have made my list. However, since I haven't seen it yet, I can't vote for it.

Edited by Walt Disney

My Ballot:

[*]Peter Pan

[*]Pinocchio

[*]101 Dalmatians

[*]Aladdin

[*]Robin Hood

[*]Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp

[*]Dumbo

[*]The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

[*]The Nightmare Before Christmas

[*]Bambi

[*]Cinderella

[*]Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

[*]Sleeping Beauty

[*]Beauty and the Beast

[*]Lady and the Tramp

[*]Tangled

[*]The Princess and the Frog

[*]Toy Story 3

[*]The Lion King

[*]Toy Story

[*]The Fox and the Hound

[*]Shrek Forever After

[*]Monsters Inc.

[*]Finding Nemo

Note: I have not seen Wreck It Ralph yet. I am sure when i do that it would have made my list. However, since I haven't seen it yet, I can't vote for it.

Okay, you're a disney fan :ph34r:

[*]Aladdin

[*]Toy Story 3

[*]Toy Story 2

[*]The Lion King

[*]Toy Story

[*]Incredibles

[*]Wall-e

[*]FN

[*]Monsters Inc

[*]UP

[*]Ratotouille

[*]Brave

[*]HTTYD

[*]KFP

[*]Beauty and the Beast

[*]Despicable Me

[*]Shrek

[*]Rango

[*]The Jungle book

[*]Snow White and the seven Dwarfs

[*]Mulan

[*]101 Dalmatians

[*]Pocahontas

[*]The Secret World of Arrietty

[*]Rio

• Like 2

1. Wall-E2. The Incredibles3. Rataouille4. Monsters Inc.5. Up6. The Polar Express7. Happy Feet8. Brave9. Surf's Up10. Toy Story 3

And you are a pixar fan :PSeriously though, animators, more than normal directors have a style and its normally studio-wide. Hence a person who loves Ghibli will probably have 15 films in their top 25 if they had a US release. Pixar lovers are going to have 90% of their filmography high in their lists and it just so happens that disney has a long enough history that if one likes disney you could fill a 50 film list with pretty much all disney.

1. Wall-E2. Toy Story3. The Lion King4. Toy Story 25. Finding Nemo6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs7. The Incredibles8. Beauty and the Beast9. Up10. Shrek11. Toy Story 312. Spirited Away13. Who Framed Roger Rabbit14. Ratatouille15. Aladdin16. Brave17. How to Train Your Dragon18. The Little Mermaid19. The Iron Giant20. The Nightmare Before Christmas21. Sleeping Beauty22. Monsters, Inc.23: South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut24: Rango25: Balto

Edited by Fan
  • Like 1

Just a quick note, if you guys decide to edit your lists for some reason, tell me first before you do it. That way I can correct the scores. I score the ballots as they come in.Chasmmi, you really got the ball rolling on this vote. Once you voted, a lot of ballots came in.

Mine

1. The Incredibles

2. Rataouille

3. Wall-E

4. Monsters Inc.

5. How to Train your Dragon

6. Beauty and the Beast

7. Up

8. Toy Story 3

9. Kung Fu Panda

10. Shrek

11. Princess Mononoke