Walt Disney

Vote: Top 25 Animated Films of All-Time

Bummed about the exclusion of Nausicaa, Porco Rosso, and Totoro since all 3 had a great shot at making the list. Oh well, here is mine:1. Beauty and the Beast2. Princess Mononoke3. Toy Story 24. The Lion King5. An American Tail6. Spirited Away7. Toy Story 38. The Fantastic Mr. Fox9. The Nightmare Before Christmas10. Finding Nemo11. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut12. Wall-E13. Toy Story14. The Iron Giant15. The Incredibles16. The Secret of Nimh17. The Brave Little Toaster18. Up19. Aladdin20.Tangled21. Robin Hood22. Chicken Run23. Rango24. Monsters Inc.25. The Rescuers

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

with the requirement, I won't be able to do a top 25 list, just make some suggestions (films not mentioned in this thread)Ghost in the ShellPaprikaAkiraYellow SubmarineJin-RohUrusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful DreamerPerfect BlueUS theatrical release for Japanese animation features (clearly incomplete):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_theatrically_released_in_the_United_States

1. Wall E2. 101 Dalmatians3. Monsters, Inc4. Finding Nemo5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm6. The Lion King7. Toy Story 38. The Incredibles9. Toy Story10. Ratatouille11. Rio12. Spirited Away13. Howl’s Moving Castle14. Toy Story 215. Beauty and the Beast16. The Polar Express17. Up18. A Bug’s Life19. Iron Giant20. Emperor’s New Groove21. Tarzan22. Brave23. Secret World of Arriety24. Ponyo25. AladinThe following had to be left off due to technicalities which I felt deserve a place in my top 25. Worth mentioning:My Neighbor Totoro (Would have been somewhere in 10-15 slot)Whisper of the Heart (Would have placed anywhere in the 20-25 slot)Kik’s Delivery Service (Would have been Top 10)

Edited by Letsuseournoggin
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head1.the incredibles2.lion king3.aladdin4.wall e 5.toy story6.shrek7.toy story 28.finding nemo9.beauty and the beast10.toy story 311.ratatouille12.little meemaid13.coraline14.how i train your dragon15.up16.brave17.shrek 218.wreck it ralph19.monsters inc20.101 dalmations21.fantastic mr fox22.nightmare before xmas23.robin hood24.brave little toaster25.paranorman

• Like 1

1. Wall E2. 101 Dalmatians3. Monsters, Inc4. Finding Nemo5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm6. The Lion King7. Toy Story 38. The Incredibles9. Toy Story10. Ratatouille11. Rio12. Spirited Away13. Howl’s Moving Castle14. Toy Story 215. Beauty and the Beast16. The Polar Express17. Up18. A Bug’s Life19. Iron Giant20. Emperor’s New Groove21. Tarzan22. Brave23. Secret World of Arriety24. Ponyo25. AladinThe following had to be left off due to technicalities which I felt deserve a place in my top 25. Worth mentioning:My Neighbor Totoro (Would have been somewhere in 10-15 slot)Whisper of the Heart (Would have placed anywhere in the 20-25 slot)Kik’s Delivery Service (Would have been Top 10)

Great list.Princess Monoke also qualifies. So if you left that particular film off of your list b/c you thought it didn't qualify, you can add it. It is eligible to be voted on.
  • Like 1

I'm surprised you didn't remind everyone about The Jungle Book too. I know you're rooting hard for that movie.

If I was pushing my favourites then yes Jungle Book would be the big one but it just seems like the film is either too old or not ass popular as I assumed as I cannot see people forgetting it.Same deal with Aladdin and Lion which make up a top three which to be destroy anything else that's ever been animated.(Toy Story 2 only splits them because it is the funniest animated film I have ever seen an d that counts for a lot to me.)But yes a film like Land Before Time or An American Tale are films which I feel are better to push because they are films which are easily forgotten when thinking of lists. Nobody has forgotten Aladdin or Jungle book, they just never realised greatness when they were watching them. :P

1. The Incredibles2. Aladdin3. Peter Pan4. The Lion King5. Pinocchio6. Finding Nemo7. Wall-E8. Beauty and the Beast9. The Jungle Book10. 101 Dalmatians11. Toy Story 312. The Little Mermaid13. How to Train Your Dragon14. Sleeping Beauty15. Bambi16. Fantasia17. Iron Giant18. Dumbo19. Shrek20. Up21. Emperor's New Groove22. Ratatouille23. Hunchback of Notre Dame24. Fantastic Mr. Fox25. Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

• Like 1

1. The Incredibles2. Aladdin3. Peter Pan4. The Lion King5. Pinocchio6. Finding Nemo7. Wall-E8. Beauty and the Beast9. The Jungle Book10. 101 Dalmatians11. Toy Story 312. The Little Mermaid13. How to Train Your Dragon14. Sleeping Beauty15. Bambi16. Fantasia17. Iron Giant18. Dumbo19. Shrek20. Up21. Emperor's New Groove22. Ratatouille23. Hunchback of Notre Dame24. Fantastic Mr. Fox25. Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

This is just a great ballot. It's a great mix of old school hand drawn animation and computer animation. Also, it gave votes to some animated films that badly needed them. There are now lots of close races to make the top 25 list and a close battle for the top spot on the list.

Imdb says Totoro was released in 1993 and I do remember seeing a Siskel and Ebert review

It was released overseas, but not in the U.S. It came out on VHS/DVD in the U.S., but never had a theatrical release.

After seeing this thread, did some quick looking around, and according to some of the archived articles on nausicaa.net, Totoro did receive a limited U.S. theatrical run in May of 1993.http://www.nausicaa....view_totoro.txthttp://www.nausicaa....ew_totoro_2.txtAlso, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind apparently received a limited theatrical run from New World Pictures in 1985-ish as a butchered version titled 'Warriors of the Wind'. If that counts, heh.Here's the trailer:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUDNaGUe48 Edited by JarJarBinks