iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Who are you speaking of? Nobody is saying there weren't extremely high predictions.

Yes, there were. Youd' have to go a few pages back. But there are some geniuses here claiming that no one said it would do mor3e than a billio, and that no one would say it would do "that much".

Impact: 1.4 billDruv: a bill internationally and 1.4 bill totalJohn Marston: I can understand people being wary of huge domestic numbers but I really do not understand how anyone can actually lowball the overseas number. I mean people actually think it will only make about 50m more than Rotk? Give me a breakDarth Ledger: (he might have the best prediction) 360/800/1.16 billThere were people saying that TH overseas could beat DH2 TOTAL.

Thanks for complimenting my prediction B Even though my last name has changed lol

Rovex: 1.7 bill WWBallightning: 28 midnights, 140 OW 475 domestic 980OVS 1455WWstuart360: $440mil US 810 int 1.250WWbaumer: 325 domestic 700 ovs 1.025 billpoeticprose: 445Mandrewthealien: 440MFake: 350/800/1.15Bdar: 475Mwarmaster: This film is going to kill everything, it could have a Avatar type runclonewars: In my opinion, $350M would be beyond horrible. For me, I think $400M is the low end I see doing. Maybe, $377M, but anything less than ROTK just seems beyond, beyond low.telemachos: I tend to be extremely conservative with my estimates, especially for movies or franchises I care about.Like I said, absolute worst case is $350m."Realistic" worst case is ROTK unadjusted.$400-450m is perhaps neutral realistic. $450-$500m is optimistic, $500m+ is best case.Internationally, it's going to crush everything but AVATAR. Like I said, absolute worst case is $350m."Realistic" worst case is ROTK unadjusted.$400-450m is perhaps neutral realistic. $450-$500m is optimistic, $500m+ is best case.Internationally, it's going to crush everything but AVATAR.VC2002: 380/950/1330MAgain, I'm not posting these to embarass anyone. I'm posting them to show those of you who think that no predicted gaudy numbers for it, that you are wrong. Here is the proof. Most people had this doing a massive amount of money.

Thank you. Now we know people's true barometers for success; no spin zone allowed. Earlier this year $350m is cited as a disastrous situation, now that that's the case, we need to call it what it is.

Anyone know how much it cost to make the Hobbit? I can only imagine the marketing costs on top of that.

Well, that`s their problem. Just because budget increased beyond reason it doesn`t mean that number of sold tickets has to too. Edited by fishnets