baumer

When Harry Met Sally

19 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Forgettable, aside from the iconic diner scene. Was never invested in the characters and found the journey boring.

C

LOL, why does this not surprise me. I don't even know why, I just knew you wouldn't like this for some reason.
  • Like 1

I watched this movie tonight for the first time (I'm going to cut it for a duo for speech) and it was so great. Loved it, and I didn't know Billy Crystal could act honestly. Great movie. A+

He really wasn't acting. That was the real him???

PS. The real name of the Movie, for your presentation to be actually correct is, when Harry Met and Fu*ked Sally Many Times 

Edited by West Hollywood

Indeed best romantic comedy ever they don't do them like this ,the dialogue and acting flows flawlessly for me A+++++The first time I saw it , I was intrigued by idea of men and women not being able to be friends , I love that debate I thought the movie was really smart on all levels , the feel and look of it! I love how they grow as persons first apart then together as friends then more

• Like 1

An incredibly sweet film.  This is one of the reasons Rob Reiner is one of the best directors of all time imo.  He took the beautiful script by Nora Ephron and made a stunningly realistic film based on his own pain.  Ephron wrote a lot of the script based on her experiences, but Reiner added a lot of subtle touches, like the setting of the football game when they discuss Mr. Zero, he coached Ryan on how to do the orgasm scene properly and he cast some very good actors in different roles.  This is certainly one of my favourite films of all time.

• Like 2

One of the great romantic comedies. I almost waited for it to go off the rails at some point, because I wasn't sure it would stick the landing, but it remained funny and intelligent right up until the last frames. Sure, the desperate run Crystal does in the end is a cliché, but this is one of the few movies that actually earns it. And it's hardly dated at all, which is really remarkable the more you think about it, and has to be the result of Ephron's and Reiner's honesty. I mean, it's a glossy and polished movie, but there's practically no bullshit in it, it's not manufactured studio crap, it's not naive or pandering. Its take on gender relations is actually more honest, healthy and smart than that of most romcoms being produced right now.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2