baumer

Zero Dark Thirty

57 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's a pretty great, sometimes fantastic procedural film.

I have to say that I disagree with Chastain getting the BA nom, I really think this film works as a result of the ensemble. She may of had the biggest role, but it was the whole cast that drove the film. Good performance, but not worthy of BA nomination, IMO.

Really enjoyed it, but didn't quite love it. Of course, this is a subjective complaint as the movie was made like this for a reason.........but the procedure aspect can only go so far for me. In order for a film to reach greatness status, I usually have to be given a reason to be invested emotionally and to care about the characters. Again, not really a complaint directed towards the movie, but more of a general subjective preference.

Still, really strong film, but I'll still go with Argo for top political film of year.

B+

• Like 2

I was emotionally invested... surprisingly so. Even as secretive CIA operatives who are focused on nothing but their jobs (some of them to a fault), Maya, Dan and Jessica feel like real people. It's character by action, which Argo succeeds with as well. I don't need huge backstories to care for these characters.

• Like 2

I was emotionally invested... surprisingly so. Even as secretive CIA operatives who are focused on nothing but their jobs (some of them to a fault), Maya, Dan and Jessica feel like real people. It's character by action, which Argo succeeds with as well. I don't need huge backstories to care for these characters.

Yeah, I can definitely understand this. I thought they felt like real people, but also character archetypes as well.I kind of had the same problems with Argo and ZDT, but related to Argo just a bit more. Still, both are among the best films of the year.

All of this.A++++ from me. LOVED every second of it. LOVED!
  • Like 3

“Just saw Zero Dark Thirty. Excellent film about years of heroism, including in the enhanced interrogation program, that led to bin Laden.” -- Liz Cheney's twitter.

It seems Bigelow has made the best Bush's War On Terror ad ever.

Edited by dashrendar44

It's a good movie, but not much more than that, IMO. I give it 7/10I have some problems with it, one being: what happened with the guys left behind after the raid??? Where did the dog dissapear?Also they have silencers on their rifles, but bomb the entrances, and what the hell is that seal wispering ''Osama...Osama''. Another, the kamikaze doctor coming into the american base was real? It was very predictable, and if it's real, then....the americans are really stupid

Edited by DoctorWho
  • Like 2