23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

How such a good movie. I really appericate everything about this film. After working in hospice and rehab unit I seen quite of people with strokes and people who are dying. This film is so sad, I did not cry while watching but I feel like something was taken from me like all my happiness. I really want die quietly in my sleep and before the person I spend the rest of my life with.

9/10 

• Like 1

Would you believe if I told you that my screening was sold out? Its true! It was so weird, a Michael Haneke movie getting sold out. Thankfully I got my ticket in advance

That's crazy! I doubt mine will be sold out since I'm going at noon, but I expect a lot of senior citizens there.

That's crazy! I doubt mine will be sold out since I'm going at noon, but I expect a lot of senior citizens there.

lol Besides me there were about five people under 60. Old people are a big and constantly growing demographic, you know. I wonder if they're going to start to cater more movies to seniors in the coming years.

It's a good film with a couple of great performances (LOL @ Lawrence winning BA) that is cemented with some powerful, epic scenes.

It's refreshing that in dealing with subject matter such as this, the scenes flow smoothly and the emotions are realistic.  Audience manipulation would have only hindered this, and taken away the power of some scenes.

That being said........there was something missing in it for me.  I watch a lot of foreign films, and there's so much good stuff out there.  This is good, but I wouldn't say it's among the best or a masterpiece.  JMO.

B

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

This goes on the list of extraordinary character-driven films that I never want to see again in my life. Props to Haneke -- directing such a raw piece of storytelling must have been emotionally draining.

• Like 2

I've seen SLP and now I've seen Amour 

And Jennifer Lawrence winning for playing that wacky chick who likes to yell in a ( bad ) rom com flick against the 80 something actress flawlessly capturing what my grandmother is going through right now ? 

L

O

L

!

Riva should have won on the basis of just taking on a role like that at her age it must have been incredibly hard

Whoever mentions the old 'academy members are a bunch of old farts who give awards to other old farts' again ... look no further than this travesty right here to shut him up 

The husband was better than Riva he should of been nominated.

I imagine he came close. They nominated it in practically ever category it was eligible in. I think he either came 6th or 7th. 

And he did win the Cesar. That was very nice. Amour was the 2nd film, and the first in 33 years to sweep the big 5 at the Cesars. Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay.