Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Yes. 2nd weekend below IAL would be really really terrible.Hope that number goes up. 11m is the minimum it needs to save its dignity.

I get the feeling the end domestic total will not impress, the word of mouth just ain't doing it.Unfortunate, cause I will stand by the quality of the actual movie anyday. It'll be interesting to see how this reception impacts the sequel's performance. I can only see the next film having better reception, but it's becoming clear the audience appetite isn't quite to the level of the original LOTR films.

These are bad numbers across the board. What the hell happened?

People go shopping last weekend before Christmas (especially when Christmas is early in the week) not the movies. Plus I think the nation as a whole is still in a bit of a downer with the whole Sandy Hook shootings and deaths, etc.

1) Hobbit is not a family movie no matter what people were trying to say all the week2) It had terrible multiplyer on the opening weekend. 13mln midnights and 37m first day.And still many expected legs for 350+ totalLord of the rings films hadnt those except probably for FoTR.

• Like 1

disgustingly bad. I can't look at these numbersoh well, the only hope now is that it at least recovers overseas. (early word from France and Germany is encouraging at least)

Early word could easily turn out to be over-optimistic projections. In 5-6 hours we will know more.