CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

Any indication yet of how this day is going? Pre-sales in my area are keeping up or in some showings slightly outpacing yesterday. 7+ sellouts from pre-sales so far. The Cineplex website keeps putting up and then taking down sellouts though, but if you check the theatres themselves they're still sold out.

Edited by riczhang

about the n-word discussion. haven't seen DU (it won't be released where I'm for a quite a while), but I think QT has always deliberately being politically incorrect. the time period of DU's story simply gives QT over abundance (or more than usual) of chances for political incorrecting.

As with most words, it's all based on context. Considering that this film was based in a time when white people called black people the "N" word, I really don't understand where the controversy is.Let's just ignore that people were ever this cruel and/or ignorant, that's the way to make sure it never happens again.

Color me supremely impressed with Django. Phenomenal movie. Leo has balls of steel for agreeing to play this character. I really don`t think that many bone fide movie stars would sign for that 3 dimples speech which is some really fucked up shit. Really fucked up.My show was sold out and so was the next as was next Les Mis. I think that the one at the same time with my show was sold out too, way too many people were going into LM auditorium.Noticed only 1 black person in the audience, few Asians but otherwise this is driven by white folks and my cinema is in very diverse area and Les Mis had diverse audience. django one, however, was almost lilly white. Anyone else had the same situation?Noticed many senior citizens, WTF, and lots of women coming for this.