efialtes76

Thursday Numbers:TH1 $10.6m,Les Mis $9.4m,DU $8.7m....

What the hell happened to Uma Thurman? I haven't seen her in anything since Kill Bill.

Frankly, the way it looks to me, at this point people like Thurman, Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Pam Grier ought to be apologizing to Tarantino for flushing their careers down the toilet right after he gave them a great part in one of his films. I mean, come on... you just did Kill Bill/Jackie Brown, it was your best performance in god knows how much time, the movie was a hit, critically acclaimed, hell, you might have even received some award attention for your work. What do you do, use that chance, get even slightly more selective with your roles, seek an opportunity to work with other talented and acclaimed directors? Fuck no, you sink right back to doing movies with a near-DTV level of quality who almost nobody gets to see anyway. If David Carradine had still been alive, I'd have been tempted to include him in that group as well. And Robert Forster, who at least made Mulholland Dr., Lucky Number Slevin and The Descendants in the past 15 years. I understand you have to pay the bills, but I have a much harder time understanding it when you seemingly couldn't give even a single fuck about your reputation.
  • Like 1