Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

Official domestic weekend estimate: $32.92 million for THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY from 4,100 locations. Location avg. = $8,029.Must of had a bigger Saturday jump or they are giving it a very tiny Sunday drop.

Dude, I guarantee if you had been here since the start of the forums, you would have been one of the 125 other forum members who predicted it to do at least 400 mill and pass ROTK WW.

I wouldn't have. Not when the previous films didn't break $400M.

Why is Hobbit called a Floppit? Isn't that stupid to say when its been the #1 movie worldwide for 3 weeks, including the probability this weekend?And yes, Django will sell more tickets that TH1 this weekend, but only by a small margin. Either way, this is Django's 1st weekend. This is TH1's 3rd. Even then, Django will come nowhere close to selling as many tickets as TH1 will in its entire run.

Money wise The Hobbit won, my congratulations. Yet, it only managed to break the December opening record with 3D, if it would've been 2D, the record would still belong to I Am Legend.Django, no, I won't pass tickets world wide because it's not a movie made only for money. You guys support The Hobbit when it's clear that Peter Jackson didn't give a crap in creating another Lord of The Rings (good movies), he only wanted a blockbuster to put him back on track after a bad period. Django is a good movie made by a good director (way better than Jackson) and coming close to a blockbuster (Beating it attendance wise) is pretty impressive in my opinion. (Not to consider that it's PG13 vs R)

Hey loonies, guess what? I`ve seen TH, LM and DU so I can talk about each and compare and I`m right on the money why DU is having such an amazing WOM. OTOH, you`ve only seen TH so your credibility is a floater in the toilet until you see DU and LM. especially DU since DU is the story here. So if I could give TH a balanced review, I`m sure you can be objective about DU. But you have to see it because your arguments are in-valid in every way including ticket sales. You don`t know exact content of the movie so you don`t know why this is amazing success.

• Like 1

See? I'm not dead. I would have done it anyways if you wouldn't have keeped hating on TH1.

Yeah, they keep hating on it but if someone tries to defend it, they are instantly the loonies. You cannot win in this fight. Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

Money wise The Hobbit won, my congratulations. Yet, it only managed to break the December opening record with 3D, if it would've been 2D, the record would still belong to I Am Legend.Django, no, I won't pass tickets world wide because it's not a movie made only for money. You guys support The Hobbit when it's clear that Peter Jackson didn't give a crap in creating another Lord of The Rings (good movies), he only wanted a blockbuster to put him back on track after a bad period. Django is a good movie made by a good director (way better than Jackson) and coming close to a blockbuster (Beating it attendance wise) is pretty impressive in my opinion. (Not to consider that it's PG13 vs R)

You, baumer, and fishnets sound like the equivalent of BKB.Never go to BKB ;)

For the record tweedles, I predicted 300 mill and a billion WW for The Hobbit way back in summer of 2011. Yes, that's right. So I'm not hating on it at all. And if you would like proof of that, go ask Shawn and other LOTR lovers who told me I was crazy thinking it would only make 300 here. So this has nothing to do with me hating the film, I'm one of the more realistic predictors. You guys just come across as loonies.

For the record tweedles, I predicted 300 mill and a billion WW for The Hobbit way back in summer of 2011. Yes, that's right. So I'm not hating on it at all. And if you would like proof of that, go ask Shawn and other LOTR lovers who told me I was crazy thinking it would only make 300 here. So this has nothing to do with me hating the film, I'm one of the more realistic predictors. You guys just come across as loonies.

I wasn't "loonie." I predicted $330M.

I wasn't making up Friday numbers. I started a thread so Rth could post the numbers on that thread.

Which you have been told not to do about 4 times.But that's not what I'm referring to. You made up ticket sales for both films just to suit your argument. Once again, I ask where the link is to your 330 mill prediction.......

So now we celebrate a movie selling more tickets than another movie on its 3rd weekende? Oh dear...Django really has an outstanding run, but i see Tarantino sitting in his living room, questioning himself, where exactly he has become mainstream. I think deep inside he hates the success. :D