baumer

Tues Numbers RTH (NYD and Cheap Tues make for big bump)

No but Freeman was in Sherlock and I've heard that's fantastic.

He is great on Sherlock (sexy sparks with Cumberbatch help) but they won`t try to make him a leading man. They`ll try the trick on looks-like-a-leading-man-has-charisma-of-a-wet-noodle Armitage and Turner. CartoonFace`s (that would be Lee Pace) agent is pushing for CartoonFace but that one won`t happen either.

DU needs over 150m domestic. its a higher budget production than most QT flicks at $83m odd and extra $35m for advertising. combined budget $115m, and its not the sort of material to do well worldwide

Shh. It's a flop. lol

A buddy of mine saw it over the holidays. He is a classic example of a LOTR loonie. He loved it. When I asked him what he loved about it and if he even liked the first 45 minutes, he said, "Yea, the beginning was tedious and the eating and singing was bad and it really bored me, but once they got out of the Shire, it was fucking awesome. Non stop action and that's what I liked."So there you go. I guess the loonies are easy to please.

That's why we call them loonies. The same loonies who like TWILIGHT, EXPENDABLES and TRANSFORMERS. Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

That's why we call them loonies. The same loonies who like TWILIGHT, EXPENDABLES and TRANSFORMERS.

Twi, Expendables and TF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TH. Twi and E2 have much better villains. KStew, Anna Kedrick,Mega Fox, Victoria actresses are hotter than granny Evangeline. Expendables are real men unlike TH cosplayers who look like Poor Man`s Version of Fading Stars (Turner = poor man`s Borelando and Armitage = poor man`s Gerard Buttler). Twi unintentional humor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TH intentional humor. TF SFX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TH SFX.

Great numbers all around. Hobbit seems to have some pretty decent legs, who would have thought.Probably time to rename the whole website. Every "boxoffice discussion" thread turns into a fanboy war and at the same time, predictions are getting so much worse and biased. Kind of funny that everyone talks about movies failing to reach a certain boxoffice prediction. Its not the movie that fails, its actually the ability to predict that fails miserably.

• Like 2

Great numbers all around. Hobbit seems to have some pretty decent legs, who would have thought.

Probably time to rename the whole website. Every "boxoffice discussion" thread turns into a fanboy war and at the same time, predictions are getting so much worse and biased. Kind of funny that everyone talks about movies failing to reach a certain boxoffice prediction. Its not the movie that fails, its actually the ability to predict that fails miserably.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: This should be the forum`s tagline. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 3

Can we all say Anne Hathaway is a box-office draw now? Why else is Les Mis doing better than expected?

I think there might be some truth to that.

Hathaway's at the highest point at her career right now, both in terms of critical and audience's appreciation, but I'm not sure I'd call her a certified draw. It's worth noting that in both her movies this year, she was a supporting show-stealer.

Tom Hooper's extreme close ups.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hathaway's at the highest point at her career right now, both in terms of critical and audience's appreciation, but I'm not sure I'd call her a certified draw. It's worth noting that in both her movies this year, she was a supporting show-stealer.

Yeah, tell One Day and Love and Other Drugs what a big draw she is. She`s definitely more respected than Scar-JO but like SCar-Jo she isn`t a draw. It`s very questionable if Jennifer Lawrence is a draw too. THG was opened by THG. House at the End of the Street didn`t reach Woman in Black heights let alone higher but it was a critically panned movie. SLP is screwed by platfprm release so it`s unclear and Cooper is a draw himself so it isn`t her sole picture.

There really are very few draws now though but Hathaway has to be in the conversation when it comes to big time actresses who can at least get people interested in a film.

Hathaway more respected than ScarJo? ScarJo has always been an Indie darling since her younger days, she has been on Hollywood map for such a long time. We've seen her growing up to become this buxomy actress and she finally tapped big at the mainstream BO (Even if her prior role choices were far from mainstream fares). Hathaway has been squirming behind her and her career meandered between romcom, goofy comedies and indie bait (Rachel Getting Married) trying to detach herself from Disney's Princess Diaries stain. (In 2001, while Hathaway was starring in Princess Diaries, ScarJo starred in Ghost World and Coen's The Barber).

Edited by dashrendar44